1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Healthy thinking, mind control, or what?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 2, 2013.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Brother, why do people, who think they know-it-all, like to throw out the words "ignorance", "nonsense", "confused", "completely wrong" and such so freely?

"I would love to have you work along side me for a single day in your full body covering clothes."

And I would have loved to have you work right along side me from the time I was old enough to use a hoe. You see, Brother, I grew up on a small farm in central NC. A place where 100+ temperatures are routine for days at a time. A place where "heat advisories" are common.

Standard attire for sun up to sun down field work was (is) a wide brimmed straw hat, long sleeved light color shirt, and long pants. All to keep the direct rays of sun off the skin.
    I am very aware of the differences in humidity levels for arid areas vs my own. Lower humidity levels in the southwest US is the reason why swamp coolers are much more effective there. Did you bother to read these words from my post? "to provide shade from direct rays of the sun" & "in free flowing clothing"

Google: desert clothing - to see examples in the "Image Results"

Final point in reply to your appraisal of my ignorance and misinformation. Doesn't matter what my opinions might sound like in a sermon. The Lord didn't call me to preach them. I'm just a layman sitting in the congregation on Sunday morning.