1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hearing the voice of God.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, Nov 1, 2013.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was at a meeting this morning, and the topic of listening to God came up.

With that topic came the question does anyone actually hear God speak to them?

So, I ask the BB folks.

Do/Have you actually hear/heard the voice of God?

If not, why?

If so, in what scenario?

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yes. I have heard the voice of God.

It was near the final phase of my gambling addiction. For those of you who don't know about that, you can check it out here.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=87002&posted=1#post1999326

I was in a bad place, and had picked up the Bible to try to get my head screwed on straight. I read for a solid three or four hours, all of Matthew and a good portion of Mark. I was a Christian, had been for about four years at the time, but was not following Christ. I was following me. That was a losing effort, without doubt.

I finally got tired and closed my eyes, and simply said out loud, "OK, Lord. What is it you want me to do?"

And clear as a bell, from behind me -- there was a wall behind me -- I heard:

"Learn from Me."

It startled me. I jumped, turned -- and of course, saw a wall.

I looked around to see if anyone else had heard it. No one even acknowledge me, much less acted as though they'd heard a loud voice saying "Learn from Me." Thinking about it, I realized it was straight from Matthew 11:29, which I had read some three hours before.

I know that was the voice of God. No one is ever going to tell me differently.

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

If a digital recorder had been on at that moment would it have picked up this voice?

4. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He will only speak to us directly when the indirect was have been heard by us.

5. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Define "directly"