1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heartland Baptist Bible College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by iliv4J, Jun 24, 2002.

1. iliv4J

iliv4J Guest

2. jRich

jRich New Member

Another GREAT Bible college

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wondering if any have attended this school? And just how did it begin? I know that there was a real "mess" in the BBF over schools, control, missions, KJV etc.

My mind says that this MIGHT be the product of that infighting. Is this so? Thoughts? [​IMG]

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heartland used to known as Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College in San Dimas, CA. Sam Davidson(?) was president of the BBF at the time and had it moved to OK city. It was a mess with a ton of infighting, mostly over the KJV and dress code. So in the thinking of Sam it was better to have a ANOTHER bible college in OK city closer to Springfield rather then a source of salt and light in Southern California. There was also ALOT of "concern" about the money that would be made from the sell of the property that PCBBC (as it was known) occupied. Formely Cal Poly Tech. Institute, prime and I mean prime So.Cal real estate. Some pastor's started another BBF type school after they moved, were I don't know. I left the BBF while all this was going down.
    IMO, par for the course as far as the BBF is concerned, divide and conquer each other.

5. Charity

Charity New Member

Heartland is a GREAT Bible college. I have a friend that attends there. [​IMG]