1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heartland BBC?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by baptistteacher, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was quite a guy. Some of my fondest memories were sitting around the table picking his brain. The last time I spent much time with him was on the occasion of his youngest brother's funeral in Orange county. We had lunch together and discussed just about everything imaginable regarding spiritual issues. He was a wonderful man, and his wife Ruth was one of the sweetest Christian ladies who ever lived. My cousin Richard is a lot like his dad. I talked to Richard when his dad died. He is still in New Jersey, still teaching. Just a chip off the old block. [​IMG]

2. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

TC, sorry if I misunderstood you. Dr. Kantzer's legacy remains, he definitely is responsible for what TEDS is today. I have heard only good things about him.

3. By the Book!

By the Book! New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a daughter that is a graduate of HBBC, and have served in two churches led by HBBC grads. I would describe the group as ALMOST traditional, independent, fundamental Baptists. Some departures are:
    Communion is done once a year, on Tuesday night, in a funeral-like service. Obviously closed communion.
    Complete denial of the universal church (body/bride of Christ), holding exclusively to local church
    Re-baptism if you were not baptized by a Baptist Pastor. The name Baptist is VERY important.
    KJV-only. Other versions are "filth" and "trash". Official college position is not the extreme position of "you're not saved if it wasn't the KJV you were reading" but some of their travelling evangelists do hold to that position, along with the dual inspiration of the KJV and the concept that the italicized words are also equally inspired.

The College heavily emphasizes preaching, while de-emphasizing scholarship. The academics are pretty light but their music is much better than that of PCBBC from which they sprang. Standards are good, they are evangelistic, and a lot of good folks are on staff there.

You could do much worse but it is not the equivalent of BJU, Marantha, or others of that sort. It is inexpensive though . . .

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This 12-year-old zombie thread from 2005 is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.