1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'Heaven Is For Real’ the movie

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jedi Knight, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Anyone going to see this? Thoughts?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not seeing it at all and recommending my friends don't either. I don't believe any of these people have truly been to heaven since many aspects of their story are unbiblical. What broke my heart was when a girl I went to high school posted on Facebook that she's so glad she read the book because now she's not afraid to die because she knows she'll get into heaven. Note that she's not a believer but a cultural Catholic. Right there, that tells me something.

3. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Amen to that! Unbiblical should not be pushed aside for emotional feel good fluffy bunnies! 1 John says test the spirits.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that people sometimes have out of body experiences in exceptional medical crisis. I knew some who did. However, all this trash talk about people going to heaven and returning is just that, trash talk!

6. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Funny.... when Benny Hinn says he went to heaven, most ppl laugh. When this father-son come out with this book, most ppl believe. Must be the hairdo??

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and yet I have heard at least one "Christian" radio show promoting it here in California. even interviewed the guy who directed (?) it.

8. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The movie is heretical and teaches another Jesus and New Revelation. I believe the movie exceeds the movie Noah in heretical teachings and inaccuracies. But the sad news is how popular the book was and is amongst professing Christians.

Check amazon.com the book got 7954 reviews while more Biblical books such as The Glory of Heaven got 15 reviews, and or One Minute After you Die got 128 reviews. Its obvious that Christians do not like to read the Bible for all its worth!

#8 evangelist6589, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
  9. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Ok, what does scripture say about what you see or happens first when you die in the Lord?

10. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Good question. Do you know anything about "this story", about the claims that this little boy saw?

11. quantumfaith

On what basis does one make the steadfast decision that another is not a believer but rather some "cultural Catholic" or other?

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I guess you don't live in an area where cultural Catholicism is the norm. What are they? People who don't believe the Bible, don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God, believe that if you're good enough, you'll get to heaven but also believe they need to be at Mass on Easter and Christmas, have their children receive first communion and must always get married at church.

13. quantumfaith

Most of that, I would line up with you. I have not come into an Catholics in my neighborhood who would deny that Jesus is the Son of God. When it comes to "people who do not believe the bible", that can be an ambiguous statement. I know many, even here, who have different takes, often subtle, occasionally significantly different, one can make the claim in such that "they don't believe the bible". Not sure if I am clear here, but it is "clear" to me.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh I've had them SAY that they don't believe the Bible. They say it's all stories (heck, I learned that from the nuns in Catholic school about the miracles in the Old Testament including the parting of the sea, Noah's ark and stuff like that) and that a bunch of people wrote it to promote their own ideas of religion or politics or to keep women subservient. They say that it was edited and changed so much that it's no longer near anything that was originally written and there are a lot of other things that were kept out due to politics. Yep, they don't believe the Bible.