1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heaven Is Just A Layover?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TCGreek, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I do as "Spiritual" , as did most of the early church fathers.
    Show me one scripture where the Lord will dwell on the "earth"??

12: And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Didn't think you all believed in "works"??

BBob,

#21 Brother Bob, Jul 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
  2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Revelation 22:3.

Believers are going to be rewarded for good works (1 Cor 3:11-15).

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yes, and I believe what Jesus said: unto them that have done good the resurrection of life, and unto them that have done evil, the resurrection of damnation.

Also, Rev 22:23 was speaking of now too, wasn't it??

17: And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
    18: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    19: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    20: He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
    21: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Do you ever have trouble picking out what is now and what is to come TC??

BBob,

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

BBob, Why not take Scripture in context and stop quoting away?

Understanding Scripture takes a lifetime, and still we do not get it all.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

That is just a way out of answering a question, saying someone is out of context, when you give the book, chapters and verses.

You didn't answer in context or out of it. I give you a hard question, that you can't answer can you? That is not debating, that is looking for someone to agree with you.

That lifetime of understanding come with listening to others instead of just cutting them off when it goes against the grain. Also, I am much older than you. I like to quote away, when it makes one stop and study.

You started this thread way out of context of anything. "Heaven is just a layover?" I dare say, that is a new one for almost all.

There is a whole lot in that scripture I gave you. Is the Bride saying come now? Is it saying now, whosoever heareth, let him come. Is that now or yet to come. You use the "New Heaven and New Earth" way over in chapters 22 and 23.

Is it saying if you add to the book now, the plagues will be added to you, or does that mean if you add in the future.

Is it saying if you take away, from this book, your part in the Lamb's book of Life will be taken away, Does it mean if you take away now or if you take away in the future.

Seems to me being you gave Rev 22:23 that you would be willing to answer the text.

Jhn 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

1Cr 15:24 Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

BBob,

#25 Brother Bob, Jul 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
  6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

How can this be new for most, when most are premillennialists.

If they are true to their eschatology, then they're in agreement with me. They just don't know it.

Reflect on Rom 8:18-25

2 Pet 3:10-13

Rev 21-22.

Revelation 21-22 answers your concerns about 1 Cor 15:24.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Sorry TC; I just can't believe that people believe that Heaven is a stopover. That is kind of like Hell, just temporary place to stay for the wicked.

Go ahead with your discussion, I will not clog up the wheels.

BBob,

8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An old Pastor friend of mine, a rabid avid Arminian, Wesleyan tradition, used to say: from the frying pan to the cauldron !

9. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

When I speak of going to heaven when I die, I do mean where God is. I haven't a clue where that is, but I do know the Way. :thumbs:

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right RB, here is where heaven is :

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

HankD​

11. ReformedBaptist

Exactly. I don't know where it is, such as 777 Golden Streets Blvd :laugh: but where He is there I will be also. :praying:

12. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Good question, RB!

13. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Then how will hell be cast into the lake of Fire?

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hell is also referred to as the grave...death. Death will be cast into the LoF along with those who have rejected Christ.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

How can you say, you do not have a clue where that is when all scripture speak of the Father as being UP. UP might not be much of a clue, but it is not down, it is not here, it is UP!!

One thing for sure, Jesus accended UPWARD, to the Father. I guess we can assume that much. Jesus also said I am the bread that come DOWN from God out of Heaven, that a man may eat thereof and never die. accended is not down, it is not here it is UP!

The Bible is so plain, that Heaven is up and the Kingdom will be delivered UPWARD to the Father. Jesus came DOWN from the Father. The word will stand when the world is on fire.

It also says that DEATH AND HELL shall give up the dead in them, DEATH being the grave, HELL being punishment of fire for the soul of the wicked.

BBob,

#35 Brother Bob, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2008
  16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hell is for the soul, LoF is for both soul and body.

BBob,

17. ReformedBaptist

Wouldn't our up be the chinaman's down? :laugh: How does one go up or down on a sphere?

18. rdwhite

rdwhite New Member

Actually, I thought it was due North, not up relative to our location.:thumbs:

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the case of "heaven" I think we can use the word "metaphysical", beyond the material world in the spiritual plane.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

HankD​

20. ReformedBaptist

So heaven is somewhere out there? due north that is..