1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heaven populated w/out the cross?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Luke2427, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dont forget MERCY.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Those are nice words and true ones also, but what constitutes righteousness and justice in this case?

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Until your own child dies in your arms.

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Let me tell you why I think babies go to heaven.

In Romans 9 God tells us the ultimate reason people go to hell. They are vessels of wrath fitted for destruction. Wrath is what God shows upon those who have stored up wrath against the day of wrath.

God has wrath for sin. Those vessels fitted for destruction exist that God may illustrate his holiness by judging sin. Since babies do not know their left hand from their right they do not fit the description of those vessels fitted fro destruction.

So if they are not fitted for destruction, there is only one other thing that God does with humans- those are fitted for mercy.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I rejoice to know that the souls of all infants, as soon as they die, speed their way to Paradise. Charles Spurgeon

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yes, I agree with that.

What this thread is about is how they get there. What all Orthodox Christians believe and have believed for nearly two thousand years is that they need the blood of Christ to get in.

Willis and Webdog say they are not sinners, they are not guilty. Since the blood of Christ was shed to make sinners holy, babies don't need it.

So according to the unorthodox beliefs of these guys, 90% of the human race that populates heaven came there without the cross of Christ.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What an incredible misinterpretation of what they have posted. Plus jumping to conclusions and misrepresenting what they said. I've had about enough.

<Click> User CP
    <Click> Edit Ignore List
    Add Member to Your List <type> Luke2427
    <Click> Okay
    <Click> Save Changes

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Ask willis. I have.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You showed me that one Roman Catholic (not two as I have proven) said the apostles passed on to the church man is regenerated by the Spirit and baptism. If you believe the apostles actually taught this, your agnostic beliefs are the least of your concerns. I would like ORTHODOX commentary stating that the MAJORITY of the early church held to this view.

I'll be waiting.....

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I've only had to do this with 2 people in 6 years. It looks like #3 is on the horizon for me as well. Ignorance is not bliss, it's blistering.

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps you should re-read my post to which you are referring.

And you have conveniently adjusted your standards which is to my great amusement.

Your original standard was: Show me ONE early church father before Augustine who believed or practiced infant baptism.

You from post 86 :
    You are hilarious!

I showed you several.

And your Roman Catholic statement is terribly askew. There were no ROMAN catholics, per say, before Augustine.

EVERY Christian was catholic- still is for that matter.

#111 Luke2427, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011
  12. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Bingo! Hence the motive for this thread.

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Here we go again, tip-toeing through the "TULIP"!!

Lets take the Word and I will do my best to show you something!!

Luke 15:11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:

12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.I believe this is in reference to our inheritance we had with the Father before He imputed sin unto us.

14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.You can't "join yourself", you must be added.

16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.No man can give you salvation, only by God Almighty!!

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! Ah, here is where the "drawing: takes place!!

18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.He came back an humble man.

20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Now, look very closely at verse 24 and the Father said my son was dead, and is alive again!!!. Now if he wasn't born alive like Total Depravity concludes, then how could this "son" be alive again when he retirned to Father's house? Here's is where I make my stance on babies that die go to heaven. They haven't left Father's house yet. Until this son left his Father's house, he was safe(alive). But, when he left the comforts of home, he wasted what he had, and no one but Father could help him then....this is when Total Depravity kicks in. To be "alive again" means to have had life prior to death, correct? Why use the word "again", if this wasn't the case? I believe that baies are born under the safety of God because they do not know right from wrong. They have the "sin nature" of the flesh, but they do not know that what they are doing is wrong in the sight of God.

Rom. 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Rom. 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Rom. 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Deut. 1:34 And the LORD heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying,

35 Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see that good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers.

36 Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh; he shall see it, and to him will I give the land that he hath trodden upon, and to his children, because he hath wholly followed the LORD.

37 Also the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, saying, Thou also shalt not go in thither.

38 But Joshua the son of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall go in thither: encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.

39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

So you see here in Deut. chapter 1, the little ones which had no knowledge between good and evil" they went in, and God gave it(the land) to them(the little ones), and they(little ones again) possessed it!!

i am I am's!!

Willis

#113 convicted1, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
  14. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Willis, just make it real simple for us.

Do babies have sin or not?

Just a yes or no answer, please.

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

In their flesh, "YES"!!!!

In their soul, "NO"!! (I am talking about from birth until God imputes sin unto them)

I am sure will disagree with this, however.......:rolleyes:

16. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Finally.

So then their souls are without sin. Then there souls do not NEED the blood of Christ since his blood was shed for SIN.

Therefore the souls of these who are "born alive" spiritually do not NEED to be redeemed.

They are still "with the Father" until they have sin imputed unto them.

Excellent. Now we know where you stand.

So now let's look at the implications of this dangerous doctrine.

MOST, the VAST VAST majority of the human population of heaven got in without the blood of Christ.

The VAST majority of the human population of heaven got in WITHOUT redemption.

90 percent or more CANNOT sing the song of the Redeemed.

They cannot praise the Lamb for dying for them.

This is what you believe, right?

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Luke, buddy, you need to get you some reading glasses.....please do not put words in my posts that aren't there. I have enough trouble with this myself......:laugh:

Here we go again. A baby has sin in their flesh; this happened due to Adam's fall. Our flesh from the time we are born, is seperated from Him. When we recognize God as God, and glorify Him not as God, then it is imputed unto us for sin.

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER BEEN BORN, NEEDS THE BLOOD OF CHRIST, PERIOD!!! TO BE A SINNER, ONE MUST HAVE COMMITTED SINS! Now, show me where a baby can commit even one sin. Don't give me the one where they come forth from the womb "speaking lies", unless you consider, "agooo", "gaa gaa", "bluuurgghhh" lying, because that's all a baby can speak. Jesus' Blood opened heaven up for us, whether it be OT saints, or NT believers.

Romans 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Romans 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

18. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Let me clear up what I meant by "NO" in this post.

Sin is what seperates us from God, correct, Bro. Luke??

This is why I say that when we are born, our flesh is seperated from God because of Adam's sin in the Garden.

Our soul dies when God imputes sin to our "soul", and then we die(spiritually seperated from God).

Whatever sin a baby does, they are not aware of it, and God does not hold them accountable for it. This doesn't exclude the need of the Blood of Jesus, its just that where there is no law, there is no transgression.

Running around nude is a sin, and babies do it every chance they get!! Does God hold them accountable for it? I don't think so.

Getting a cookie when mommy tells them not to, then they get caught and they say, "I got this cookie for you, mommy", is this a lie? Yes. But they are not aware of this as being a sin towards God, they are just trying to keep their "fanny cool".

These two examples I have given you are examples of their "sin nature". It's a sin, yes, and if they die, they have the Blood of Christ to plead their case before the Father's Throne in heaven. This "sin nature" still needs the Blood of Christ to plead their case if they die in infancy, because they can't plead for themselves. I hope this clears this up some!! I really do love you, Bro. Luke, so please do not take these discussions as being "personal." Have a good week, or whats left of it!! :thumbs: :thumbs:???

i am I am's

Willis

#118 convicted1, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
  19. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I am glad you adjusted your position, Bro. Willis- and let's be honest- you did adjust your position in the course of this conversation.

You went from the soul of a child having no sin which DEMANDS that that soul need NO REDEMPTION to the soul of that child having sin and the mind of that child just not knowing it.

Your original position was that sin was JUST in the flesh and NOT in the soul.

You are changing your tune, and I am very, very glad.

Winman did this same thing when he, like you realized the implications of this dangerous doctrine. Of course to save face he switched right back.

NOW... finally... where I have been trying to get to since post 1:

IF babies need the blood of Christ to get into heaven and they CANNOT put saving FAITH in the death burial and resurrection of Christ for salvation, does that not DEMAND that God CAN save by Christ's blood apart from faith?

...which is in direct contradiction to previous statements of yours and webdog's... webdog going so far to call it HERESY.

20. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

This is disturbing. Christ died for SINS.

Christ died for SINNERS. The Bible is CLEAR on this, isn't it? We can deluge this thread with Bible on this matter, can't we?

If a baby is not a sinner then Christ did not die for the baby.

If the baby ONLY has SIN in his FLESH then the SOUL of that baby needs no redemption. The SOUL of that baby goes directly to God while the FLESH of that baby goes into the earth- and that SOUL goes directly to God WITHOUT THE BLOOD OF CHRIST because the blood of Christ was shed for sinners.

Now which is it?

I hope your latest post represents a paradigm shift in your thinking on this matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.