1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heavy Handed Censorship

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Rosell, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Rosell

Rosell New Member

If you read the article, you would see that Bush doesn't call himself "born again," and doesn't allow himself to be referred to that way by members of the White House staff, a fact that is documented in places other than this article. That's his own testimony, not my testimony about him.

If someone doesn't choose to use the term "born again" to describe their salvation experience, does that disqualify them from the experience? The Bible teaches that grace saves you, through faith in Jesus Christ. Confessing Christ doesn't have to invoke the term "born again."

In our current culture, including the Christian culture, the term "born again" has taken on a negative connotation. There are many in the fundamentalist and conservative Christian denominations who have been characterized as pushy, arrogant and mean-spirited and since they apply the term "born again" to themselves, their critics have also used it to identify that type of Christian. I can see why the President might want to distance himself from use of the term.

2. Rosell

Rosell New Member

Okay - here's an intelligent, reasonable, factual response:

Don't like the way the board is run? Take a hike and start your own forum.

As far as "support for my position" just go back and read your posts. Cry baby.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I pity people like you, and pray for you. You need to be free of the bitter spirit and anger that causes your sarcasm and name calling.

Do you apply the "take a hike" attitude to your own church, and run people off if they don't like the way you do things? How sad.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Come on folks enough name calling and sniping.

I question the validity of the entire thread since, as far as I know, there are no Bush supporters moderating in this particular forum of the Baptist Board.

This thread was designed to attack the administration and moderators, not each other.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Rosell, you're proving my words true. If your attitude here is indicative of how you post to others on the forum, THAT is why threads get shut down.
    It has NOTHING to do with the topics or subjects of the topics.
    The subject of this thread has validity. Therefore it stayed open so you and others were free to voice your concerns and possibly suggestions for improvement. There is no problem with that happening, but it will close along with every other thread that turns into such a poor display of Christian conduct if it continues this way.
    Gina

5. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Rosell,

I did read the article.

First line is this.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I for one have questioned President Bush's homosexual appointments MANY times, even before I became moderator and was never shut down.

Attack policies, not people. That is a safe way to express your views.

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

In SOME areas of the U.S., the term Born Again implies speaking in tongues, etc. Spirit filled also had the same connotation.

I learned that when we moved to Connecticut in the early 1980's.

8. OrovilleTim

OrovilleTim New Member

And I'd thank you for that ;) I came to this board because I was tired of the hateful political exchanges going on in another set of non-Christian discussion forums I visited. The other board was sports-centric, but thought a Christian board would be a great place to hang out and socialize.

I came here and saw the same behavior demonstrated by some of the members here that ran me away from the other... but at least there is some sense here to recognize this isn't the proper behavior.

I think, while we should be political and vote, we shouldn't reduce ourselves to hatred. Some of the comments seem more to be motivated by a hatred of one candidate more then they are motivated by supporting another candidate.

9. OrovilleTim

OrovilleTim New Member

That didn't sound right ;) The behavior demonstrated ran me off... not the members :D

10. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

[​IMG]

Thread closed -&gt;