1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hebrew 1, then to 6, two gospels

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by ituttut, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

So far, your brilliant rebuttal to Paul in Romans 4 concerning David was some question about why God didn't kill him since he was guilty of murder and adultery.

Wow. It is obvious from such logic skills that no one else can even keep up with you. You are like 20 paces ahead of us.

Paul explicitly states that David and Abraham are justified by faith alone. This is true for all people and all time.

It is your prostitution of Eph. 3 (of which I already answered) that has clouded your mind. Come out of shadow for your sake.

2. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

psr.2, Abraham believed his son was a type of Christ. I wonder which aspect of Christ's life Isaac was a type of.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well psr.2 , we are going nowhere fast.

Believe what you want, I disagree but respect your view. My conviction is that Faith in Jehovah-Elohim revealed either directly or through the Scriptures constitutes saving faith.

Jehovah-an extension of "I Am" indicating His eternal nature.
    Elohim-IMO pointing to the Trinity, in this age, the Son, the Logos, Jesus Christ is the primary object of our faith.

Let me repeat myself with a portion of a previous post, read it again please. I'll go back over your posts as well, but I believe we are at an impasse.

Here is what I said as a focal point of the relationship between the Law and the New Covenant.

The covenant of the Law was ADDED along side a pre-existing Covenant, the Promise to Abraham and his Seed Jesus Christ.

NKJV Galatians 3
    15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man's covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
    16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.
    17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.
    18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
    19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

It is from this passage of Scripture where we see that the Covenant of the Promise of the Seed of Abraham (which harkens back to the Seed of the woman) pre-existed the Covenant of the Law and did not disannul it. The covenant of Promise existed before, during and after the Law of Moses (Or so that is how I see it). Please see verse 17 emboldened above.

HankD

4. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Hank all you had to do is read my post or a little further in the passage you posted.
    Gal. 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
    16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
    17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
    18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
    19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
    20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
    21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
    22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
    23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
    24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
    25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

The law kept them until faith came. The bible says the blood of their covenant was bulls and goats. The blood of our covenant is Jesus Christ.

Niether of us will go to hell over it but it is such an eye opener to scripture.
    The bible goes on to say that God is going to re-instate the O.T. set-up again where they will sacrifice and keep feasts.
    Col. 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
    17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

It has been a pleasure discussing with you.

5. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

The Law was given that sin might increase until the coming of Christ. Read Romans 5. No one was ever saved by keeping the law.

6. psr.2

psr.2 Guest

Apology first Daniel or no discussion.