1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hebrews 4:1-11 and the New Christian Sabbath

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Dr. Walter, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

It is futile to discuss with a man whose conscience is seared. 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 and Acts 20:7 have in commone the "first day of the week" and have in common those things that characterize worship at the house of God on "the first day of the week"

1. Bringing offerings saved at home to put or place in the common treasurery.
    2. Preaching the Word
    3. Breaking of bread.

The Lord's Day is Sunday, the first day of the Week and these texts prove it is the day of public worship where public acts of worship that characterize "the house of God" in the Old testament occur.

2. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

I have laid out my case and nothing you have said overturns it. Sunday is the Lord's Day, the Christian Sabbath under the New Covenant. The seventh day Sabbath has been abolished with the Old Covenant (Col. 2:14-16) at the cross. You are rejecting the sign of the greater work of redemption and the greater new creation that begins after the seventh millennium has come and gone.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am thinking of Anne O'Brien Rice, while reading these last posts. She left Christianity because of the 'theological' disputes and the way they are conducted by supposed Christians. Now, despite this, she has returned to The Faith ... and what does she get? She is greeted with more of the same haughtiness and stubbornness of people acting more like unbelievers, and of people who are unbelievers without distinction.

What a world are we living in! I told my wife, if this, the way just about EVERYBODY through INTERNET crows cock of his own compost heap, is not the fulfilment of the prophecies of the time of the very end of the world, I don't know what ever will.

Has it not become time Christians must RETURN to the most simple way of settling differences, the PURE WRITTEN WORDS OF SCRIPTURE? Again it is this increased knowledge of our times that makes it virtually impossible, so many 'versions' parade as the Pure Word of God. It demands even more increase in knowledge to recognise and counter the masquerading of the Faith of Jesus Christ like some 'vicious circle'-effect.

So I shall myself go back to that 'Bible' written for the 'plough-boys' of life like myself, and shall ask, every time I may be confronted by the great learned men of the last times, quote me that KJAV. Or quote me its original, which was actually written for simpler people than plough-boys because it was written for fishermen and nomads. And if you cannot, be sure, I laugh at you, up my sleeve, and more enjoyable, in your face.

#43 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A.C. Gaebelein, "The greatest evidence that man has a darkened mind and a corrupt nature is not the existence of the gambling den, nor the house of ill fame. The greatest evidence is unbelief; the fact that the human heart definitely and positively refuses to listen to the voice of God; that there is a heart which hates the light and loves darkness..."