1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Hebrews 6:4-8

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Feb 15, 2012.

1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

its the Will of the Father that None elected in Christ will be lost/perish...

Is will of man greater than Will/power of God?

Questions applies to both saving us, and keeping us!

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do not understand what you are asking.This makes no sense at all

Why would you ask this?

Do you understand what we are discussing here???

3. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

discussion was around 'eternal security or not"

My point in that question was IF as some hold can lose salvation, are they saying their will to walk away overpowers the will /power of God to secure and keep them saved?

4. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I understand this passage in Hebrews seems to imply (to me, anyway) that there is a "Continuing" action to be applied to one's hearing & receiving the message of the Gospel. IMHO, if one CONTINUES to reject God's Gospel of salvation while in this life, then he/she will ultimately receive her/his wages: "The WAGES of sin is DEATH"! In my own situation, I was almost 20 YO before I received Jesus as my Savior back in April of 1966. In my case, I was "forced" to attend a social Gospel (i.e., man is inherently GOOD! Now as long as you don't rob too many banks or kill too many people you MAY just wind up in heaven....If there really is a so-called heaven, which of course We KNOW that was just a fairy tale designed to keep unknown & unread people from misinterpreting Isaiah....We KNOW what Mary really did, having grown up in a village that was next door to the Roman Empire's military disciplinary base right next to Nararzeth! That's ALL I had drilled into me. BTW that so-called church was pastored by a graduate of Harvard Divinity School, which wasn't that much of a repository of Biblcal truth. To make a blanket accuise, one size fits all, statement to cover every one's personal situation is, to me at least, to insert an doctrine that, IMHO shouldn't in the first place be made. Unfortunately, our English language isn't as accurate as the NT's Greek, so, to me at least, to make a "point" accusation of something that really should be understood as a "continuing" action is, to me at least, something that should not have been done in the first place.