1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hell - Is it real?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by inpeace, Jun 28, 2005.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello KJ.

That is not what it says is it?
    GAL 3:10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." 11 Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

It says Jesus was cursed not sin. How can God curse sin? What does that mean? How can evil be visited on deeds done but on the one that sinned it is?
    Are you now going to ask me to compare myself to God?

john.

2. OCC

OCC Guest

It says Jesus became sin for us. How can God curse sin? Gee...He casts sin and death into the lake of fire.

What do you mean am I going to ask you to compare yourself to God? Huh??? Somethin aint right about you dude...I know what it is. You (wrongly) think you're funny and try to twist people's words like someone else we all know.

I will no longer answer your ridiculous question, that not even any Calvinist agrees with you on.

Now...how could God hate His own Son, thereby hating Himself? Tell me genius.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I didn't ask for refutations of my post I asked a question. That question was, "What does 'God cursed Jesus mean?" I think that was the question. What does it mean not a refutation of it but what does it mean?
    </font>[/QUOTE]#1. I did NOT refute the point that Christ became a curse for us (according to Gal 3). I simply point out that WE were cursed and God SO LOVED THose under the CURSE that HE GAVE His Son for them!

Get it? Yet?

#2. This leaves NO place for your speculation that God must "HATE THE CURSED". End of your rabbit trail!!

Get it? Yet?

(This is really so obvious and easy - I appreciate your finding creative ways to ask that the point continues to be made - over and over again!)

He made Him who KNEW NO sin to BECOME SIN for US that WE MIGHT BECOME the righteousness of God IN HIM! 2Cor 5.

HE took the suffering for us - to whom the suffering was "DUE" -- Isaiah 53.

Because of the ONE man ADAM - ALL came under the curse -- but in the ONE man Christ (the second ADAM) ALL become candidates for justification Romans 5.

NOTHING here about "God hated Jesus".

Get it? Yet?

In Christ,

Bob

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As Paul pointed out in Romans 3 -- so "Again" he points out in GAl 3 -- we are ALL under the CURSE needing to be REDEEMED from the CURSE -

Since none are sinless - perfect then ALL are UNDER THE CURSE defined in God's LAW which shows us what SIN IS - and tells us that SINNERS must suffer the 2nd death!

Get it? Yet?

WE ARE the cursed that God "SO LOVED"!!

(interesting that no CALVINISTS are claiming to "get this" as a way to help clean up their own side of the isle!)

In Christ,

Bob

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Bob.
    All you are doing is repeating yourself. All are under the curse defined in God's law? What does it mean then what is the definition of 'cursed'? And apply that to Jesus.
    No.
    Explain what being under the curse of God means please.
    So the cursed of God are loved by God is what you have come to. Now what does cursed mean?

john.

6. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello KJ.
    Might be an answer to something but it does not answer 'What does it mean' for Christ to be cursed?
    That is the question I keep asking you why ask me?

john.

7. here now

here now Member

Since none are sinless - perfect then ALL are UNDER THE CURSE defined in God's LAW which shows us what SIN IS - and tells us that SINNERS must suffer the 2nd death!

Get it? Yet?

WE ARE the cursed that God "SO LOVED"!!

(interesting that no CALVINISTS are claiming to "get this" as a way to help clean up their own side of the isle!)

In Christ,

Bob
    </font>[/QUOTE]Actually, this is speaking of two types here:
    1) those who are still trying to be righteous by keeping the Law
    AND:
    2) those who are righteous because of their Faith in Jesus

Through the first one we were to have known the curse

Through the second one Christ was made the curse for us

8. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Herenow;
    Please don't faint but I agree with you Christ was made the curse but I would have called call it the scape goat.
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike

9. here now

here now Member

ILUVLIGHT,
    [​IMG] I won't faint.
    I've never thought of it as Him being a scapegoat. But I do know that the Bible says that He was made a curse for us therefore we are redeemed from the curse of the law.

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since none are sinless - perfect then ALL are UNDER THE CURSE defined in God's LAW </font>[/QUOTE]
    Certainly we can agree that Christ was made a curse for mankind. (Romans 5 contrasts the TWO Adams SHOWING that the scope IN BOTH cases is "ALL").

The LAW defines sin and places all sinners under a curse. There can be no debating that obvious point.

Christ BECAME a curse for us - because God SO LOVED the WORLD that HE GAVE -- even though the world was under the CURSE of sin and death.

Romans 5 makes the case very well that Through ONE MAN ALL fell under the curse and so through ONE MAN ALL became subject to justification.

In Christ,

Bob