1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HELL IS NOT LAKE OF FIRE

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by JohnBaskette, Oct 21, 2004.

1. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    "Where will the the Christian who is not accounted worthy of Kingdom reign be during Christ's millenial reign?

THere is no such thing as a saved person to be accounted unworthy, as CHrist atonement is sufficient for ALL who are saved and have accepted and believe His sacrifice - and it is Jesus CHrist who is accounted worthy. This is the problem you are having in understanding the truth. Let me ask you something. If all are found unrighteous by God, and that our works are as filthy rags, how then is it that Abraham is now with the Lord? Is Abraham in fiery hell? HOw is it that Abraham, was found in paradise, and NOT in fiery torments? Was it because of Abrahams works? NO. God has said it was HIS FAITH, and with FAITH automatically comes OBEDIENCE. Was Abraham perfect in his life? No. Was King David, perfect in his life? No. What is accounted to them for righteousness is their FAITH, not their works. When a saved person dies, their spirit only goes to one of two places today (after the ascension of Jesus Christ: Hell or Heaven. Paradise was taken up to heaven with our Lord, as he led those that were captive into captivity. Jesus won victory over death at the cross. Hell could NOT hold those who were found righteous by FAITH. Our righteousness is our FAITH in the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and his death, burial, and resurrection. When we die, our spirit REMAINS with the Lord. It does NOT go to HELL. This is a false teaching. Hell is the spiritual abode for those who have not been covered with the blood of Christ, and CANNOT be in the PRESENCE of the Lord. No sinner is allowed in heaven, nor can they stand in the presence of the Lord without being burnt up, as the Lord is a consuming FIRE.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is absolute heresy and has no foundation in Scripture. It is a Catholic doctrine of purgatory. Like Dr. Bob said it is the makings of a cult. It is only justifiable by reading into Scripture things that are not there.
    The same way that the Catholics justify infant baptism--they baptized all the "unmentioned" infants in the jailor's household. Some go as far as to say that they baptized all the infants in the 3,000 that got saved on the Day of Pentecost. How ludicrous. They ignore the fact that they had to believe to be saved. You do the same kind of thing.

You ignore the fact that the gift of God is eternal life. Eternal life never ends. If it ended in some sort of holding place or purgatory it wouldn't be eternal life any longer, it would only be temporary and God would be found to be a liar. How much do you ignore this fact, and not one of you have ever answered this objection. Eternal means just what it says--eternal, forever, everlasting. Does God lie?

Who decides whether or not a believer will be not worthy? How would a person with a glorified body like Christ, after already lived in Heaven for a thousand years, be cast into Hell. Ridiculous!!

Revelation 20:15 does not say that any believer's name will be blotted out of the Book of Life. That is pure speculation and imagination. At the Great White Throne Judgement, all are unbelievers. And all their names will not be found in the Book of Life. The statement is for emphasis. Do not read more into the verse than is there.
    DHK

3. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Is that the best you've got DHK? Because hollering and stomping ain't gonna sway me. I believed the same way you do for years. But This doctrine must be answered with scripture or accepted.

Chastening in no way affects eternal life. I have said it a million times a Christian cannot lose his salvation. Eternal life doesn't end because we are excluded from rewards, and it doesn't end if we are sent to your (very hot) room for 1000 years without our supper.

KJV Psalms 139:7-8
    7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
    8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

There's some BIBLICAL assurance right there!

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Only Christ has a glorified body right now. We get ours either at the ressurrection or at the rapture. What would be the difference between waiting for negative rewards and positive rewards. I believe we have to wait for any reward.

Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

I'm kinda stupid DHK, so you're gonna have to prove that statement from the Bible.

Lacy

4. michelle

michelle New Member

Chastening in no way affects eternal life. I have said it a million times a Christian cannot lose his salvation. Eternal life doesn't end because we are excluded from rewards, and it doesn't end if we are sent to your (very hot) room for 1000 years without our supper.

----------------------------------------------------

How is it that Abraham, King David, etc. are now in Heaven with the Lord, and how they are also in the millenial kingdom? Did they not sin even after their FAITH? Does the church have better promises than Israel? And if so what is it, and then how come what you believe seem to teach the opposite of that? Is the millenial kingdom our reward? If so, how then is this a better promise, than that to which was given to Israel? You are confusing sins with rewards. All of our sins, past, present and future have been paid for in FULL by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB, and this is from the day we were born, until the very day we die, and leave the flesh. Our spirit is renewed, and continually growing, AS WE FOLLOW our Lord, who NO ONE CAN SNATCH US OUT OF HIS HAND and to which HE is able to KEEP US. If we are saved, we do not go to Hell. WE are rewarded in HEAVEN, to which NO ONE CAN GO if they are found in SIN. WE cannot even approach the HOLY throne of GOD today in prayer, if we are not COVERED BY THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF THE LAMB.

michelle

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

6. JohnBaskette

JohnBaskette New Member

Yes, It is true “that Abraham, King David, ect…” Are in Heaven now They want to come back down to the new Earth where sin is removed here is the closest verse I found while searching today, Revelation 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?”. The verse I was looking is where the Saints cried How long, O Lord, holy and true until we return and reign on Earth & He gave them white robes & said a little while… SOMETHING LIKE THAT, The words in italics are direct quotes.
    Sorry if that isn’t a good answer. To your first question…

Your second question has many parts, right of I noticed, a false belief that TRUE CHRISTIANS CANNOT SIN. God, through John tells us in The Bible that none are without sin. I would quote The Bible here but that would be condescending to Christians, especially so-called Baptists.

‘Because you asked a question on a perceived answer to your previous you asked without hearing the answer, this is starting to get to me I’ll leave off until I see a valid question…

Here’s 1: Unless you are still trying to pick apart the Kingdom Doctrine, giving the benefit of the doubt, U said, NO ONE CAN SNATCH US OUT OF HIS HAND and to which HE is able to KEEP US. If we are saved, we do not go to Hell. WE are rewarded in HEAVEN, to which NO ONE CAN GO if they are found in SIN. WE cannot even approach the HOLY throne of GOD today in prayer, if we are not COVERED BY THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF THE LAMB.
    Good question, Obviously this is true God was speaking to Christians, Is God a Good Father? &lt;Rhetorical question&gt; Since He is & Loves us WE WILL BE CHASTISED HERE IN THIS AGE & in The One to come. This occurs before Christian’s will be eternally with the Father.
    Any other questions have been answered in this thread earlier.. I’ll repeat myself again, HELL ENDS AFTER 1000 YEARS, & IS CAST INTO THE LOF after disobedient Christians ARE REMOVED B/C THEY ARE WRITTEN IN THE LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE. I hope that’s clear

In Chist; John

7. michelle

michelle New Member

Yes, It is true “that Abraham, King David, ect…” Are in Heaven now They want to come back down to the new Earth where sin is removed here is the closest verse I found while searching today, Revelation 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?”. The verse I was looking is where the Saints cried How long, O Lord, holy and true until we return and reign on Earth & He gave them white robes & said a little while… SOMETHING LIKE THAT, The words in italics are direct quotes.
    Sorry if that isn’t a good answer. To your first question…
    ---------------------------------------------------

Take a good long look at where these martyred saints are, and why they are there:

Revelation 6

9. And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
    10. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
    11. And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Think context of the book of Revelation, when this takes place, who is involved, and where John is in this vision. I tell you, it is in Heaven, as he sees Jesus Christ himself, open this seal, and then we see those souls under the alter which is IN HEAVEN. This is NOT HELL. These are the martyred saints during tribulation period - 70th week of Daniel.

michelle

8. michelle

michelle New Member

Your second question has many parts, right of I noticed, a false belief that TRUE CHRISTIANS CANNOT SIN. God, through John tells us in The Bible that none are without sin. I would quote The Bible here but that would be condescending to Christians, especially so-called Baptists.

Christians can and do sin. I never said they didn't.

michelle

9. michelle

michelle New Member

Since He is & Loves us WE WILL BE CHASTISED HERE IN THIS AGE & in The One to come. This occurs before Christian’s will be eternally with the Father.

If this is true, and we are chastised in our spirit (to which the Lord has already cleansed BTW), then how is it that ANYONE OF US who have FAITH including Old testament and New Testament believers, go into the millenial reign with Christ if we must FIRST suffer punishment in HELL? Who has been perfect in the flesh? Answer: Not ONE except for JESUS CHRIST.

michelle

10. JohnBaskette

JohnBaskette New Member

Dear Michelle,
    I'm beginning to wonder why I reply, as you apparently know the answer to some of the questions you put forth. Here is why, like you, I, not unlike you, hope it causes others to think... See the next reply ...

11. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

You seem to think that these people are a different kind of dead from the people that are in the kingdom?? Other than the fact that they did not enter into life at the beginning of the millenium, I don't see any great distinctions drawn here.

Revelation 20
    4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
    6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

They are just the rest of the dead, who did not overcome and were not given crowns during the millennium. Whether they are saved is not apparent, because the book of life is opened at the great white throne, and these rest of the dead are separated there.

12. JohnBaskette

JohnBaskette New Member

Michelle,
    You couldn't be more correct, ALL HAVE SINNED & COME SHJORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD.ALSO: IF ANYONE SAYS HE IS W/OUT SIN HE IS A LIAR & THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM.

To be accounted worthy of the Kingdom doesn't require Sinless perfection. But relative rightiousness. Those that suffer will reign W/Jesus as He suffered once & for all.

The Relative Righteousness required for Kingdom Entrance is ONLY THROUGH HIS SHED BLOOD.
    GOD, ICARNATE IN THE PERSON OF JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY ATTONEMENT FOR SIN! CHRIST'S SHED BLOOD DOES MORE THAN THAT, IT IMPOWERS US TO LIVE HOLY. ALSO: IF WE SHOW MERCY, HE'LL SHOW MERCY TO US & IF WE GO SOUL WINNING IT'LL COVER A MULTITUDE OF SINS... Sorry for the all caps,
    I didn't see a good time to turn them off while typing..

13. JohnBaskette

JohnBaskette New Member

The Great White Throne and Christ's judgement Seat are for TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE/REASONS..
    No saved person will appear @ the GWT. judgement
    but saved people may "suffer loss as well as receive rewards depending on or works.
    our works do follow us.

14. JohnBaskette

JohnBaskette New Member

Saved people will appear before Christ's Judgement Seat, YES, ALL THE SAVED.

15. David M Walker

David M Walker New Member

(thanks to Lacy)

Prayerfully examine the following verses in light of “millennial exclusion”…..

1. Faith only (Belief) = eternally secure salvation:

2. Faith + works after salvation = kingdom inheritance

Print out, then read #1 & #2 before reading each verse.)

Jesus:

Matt 5:22-30
    Matt 5:5-12
    Matt 7: 21-23
    Matt 8:12
    Matt 10:28-39
    Matt 12:31-32
    Matt 13:37-50
    Matt 18:1-35
    Matt 24:13
    Matt 24:42-25:30
    Mk 9:38-50 (esp. v41)
    Mark 13:32-37
    Luke 6:20-ch
    Luke 9:22-27 (Compare to 1 Co. 9:24-27)
    Luke 12:41-48, 59
    Luke 13:24-30
    Luke 14: 25-35
    Luke 17:32
    Luke 18:28-30
    Luke 22:34-36
    John 6:37-40
    John 12:23-27
    John 15:1-11

Paul:

Acts 14:22
    Acts 20:24-32
    Rom 1:18
    Rom 2:3-11
    Rom 8:12-19
    Rom 10:9
    Rom 11:17-24
    1 Cor 3:3, 9-18
    1 Cor 6:9-10
    1Cor 9:24-10:12
    Gal 5:19-21
    Gal 6:7-9
    Eph 5:5-7
    Phil 2: 12-16
    Phil 3:11-14
    Col 3:23-25
    I Thess 5:23
    II Tim 1: 18
    II Tim 2: 10-13
    II Tim 4:6-8
    Hebrews 2:1-3
    Heb 3:6-4:11
    Heb 6:1-6, 12(Christian maturity)
    Heb 10: 25-31
    Heb 12

James:

James 1:12,21-25
    James 2:5,13,24

Peter:

1 Pet 4:17-18
    1 Pet 5: 3-6
    2 Pet 1:5-11

John:

1 Jn 2:28
    2 Jn 8

Jude: v5 (after he saved, he destroyed)

16. David M Walker

David M Walker New Member

Do a search on "whosoever".... used more than 5 times. "Search words "whosoever" 162 results"

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?search=whosoever&SearchType=AND&version=KJV&restrict=&StartRestrict=&EndRestrict=&rpp=25&language=english&searchpage=0&x=18&y=10

17. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Baptist theology and Bible study forum is not fun anymore since all the threads lately have been very unBaptist like postings about Christians going to hell and weird stuff like that. Maybe we should have a separate forum for non-Baptist theology in the Baptist Debate forums and keep this forum for debate on Baptist doctrine?

18. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Marcia, Christ is calling His people to wake up from their spiritual slumber. He is coming soon. I dare not apologize for teaching the truth of a Christian's accountability for sin at the judhment seat. I also must deny the false doctrine of 'lordship salvation' or calvinism or arminianism, all works salvation under diferent guises. The truth is God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son. If you believe that, you are a child of God. If you are a child of God, you better act like one, your Father will be home any minute now...

19. michelle

michelle New Member

2. Faith + works after salvation = kingdom inheritance

If this is true, how then is Abraham, Moses, King David, or ANYONE for that matter, able to return with Christ Jesus to earth for the millenial reign? If what you believe is true, NOT ONE PERSON will be able. They will ALL BE in HELL, according to your belief.

By the way, the millenial kingdom is not a REWARD. It is part of our inheritance as being a spiritual jew, but we have better promises than that of Israel. Can you guess what that is? What sayeth the scriptures?

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,'
    michelle

20. JohnBaskette

JohnBaskette New Member

Dear Michelle;
    I don't have time to give your question RE: 'INHERITANCE' the time it deserves now b/c I'm waiting on my ride to Church (Sun10/24/04@9:00 Am.)
    I'll get to it ASAP.
    Thanks, Have a good Lord's Day! :)
    John BTW: DID YOU GET MY ANSWER VIA E-MAIL?