1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

So Hell is in the observance of God for ever and ever and God looks on at them sizzling and frying in Fire?mmm what pleasure can God get out of watching that for an eternity ?

2. 5solas

5solas New Member

If you have a problem with it, take it up with God. It is His Word and it is what He has declared.

3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

mmmmm ok :)

ill still take the verse that states--Mercy triumps over Judgement :)

4. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I've read carefully all the rules for posting here.

I've already seen at least two violations by one memebr in this thread.

I wonder if this is the norm on this forum.

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

by some it is if you say something they dont like or dont believe :)

6. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

Well, then, it is your duty to report said person. Immediately.

7. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Funny, because said person is you. Shall I do as you say and report you?

8. Bronconagurski

No kidding. Are you sure you are not another alias of hiwwitness? Maybe y'all are brothers. If you will notice, I am not that harsh with other folks. I believe hiswitness to be either a troll, or someone who has problems with the truth.

Yes, report me if you feel I violated the rules. I have no problem with that.

9. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Neither.

I noticed that you called him/her a liar and questioned his salvation. Are these not board violations?

Nonetheless, I'll not report you. I am new here, so will not get into that at this time.

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Bron has an anger issue--overlook him :)

11. Bronconagurski

No worries, you have already reported me with your posts as they will read them. I could have been more discreet with my posts, but I called a spade a spade. But like I said, I have no problem with it. If my posts are deemed to be a violation, then I will accept whatever punishment that will be forthcoming. It might be a good thing.

12. Bronconagurski

Oh no, now he will have to report you for that judgemental personal attack. When Jesus saw the moneychangers making a mockery of His Father's house, then he turned over their tables and drove them out. He had scathing words for some of the Pharisees because of their false doctrines. I am not angry with you and have never been. It's your falsehoods concerning God's word that I don't like. I know you won't get that, because you seem to be a troll that loves to provoke people with your intellectual dishonesty.

13. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

What if Aion is an eternal age an age without end. I am looking forward to eternal life not an age of life.

What if you are wrong about hell, what kind of witness would you be?

I wouldn't ask anyone to take a chance on my word, but to trust God to save him from the fire for there is no condemnation in Christ, only a purifying fire and the Holy Spirit.

We shouldn't want anyone to be tortured even for a little while, i believe it is eternal though.

14. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Chill friend i was kidding--trying to put a better mood there :)but it appears the anger does boil within you :)

15. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Christ does not save from Hell but from DEATH that passed upon ALL men through adam :)

Aion means age--whether short or long period of time that ends.

read old testament versus that says things will never be anymore--and then another scripture says UNTIL and it will be again.--its all in the old testament.

destroyed forever--untill remade.
    fires will burn forever--until they go out.

for an age not eternity :)

16. Bronconagurski

See, even now you can't be honest. First I have a problem in the last post. Now in this post you were kidding, except you were not kidding as you said it appears that I have anger boiling inside me.

Say what you think, man, it won't bother me one way or another.

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

i think that God LOVES YOU and ME and may his glorius light shine upon us :)

18. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Mark 9:
    [46] 47 And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 where

“‘the worms that eat them do not die,
    and the fire is not quenched.’

2 Thessalonians 1:9
    They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.

Your translation of eternity is pretty off my friend.

#58 psalms109:31, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
  19. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Sodom's fiery judgment is "eternal" (Jude 7), that is--until--God "will restore the fortunes of Sodom" (Ez.16:53‑55);

Israel's "affliction is incurable" (Jer. 30:12), that is‑‑until‑‑the Lord "will restore health" and heal her wounds (Jer. 30:17);

The sin of Samaria "is incurable" (Mic. 1:9) that is‑‑until‑‑ Lord "will restore ... the fortunes of Samaria." (Ez. 16:53);

Ammon is to become a "wasteland forever" and "rise no more" (Zeph. 2:9, Jer. 25:27) that is‑until‑‑the Lord will "restore the fortunes of the Ammonites" (Jer. 49:6);

An Ammonite or Moabite is forbidden to enter the Lord's congregation "forever", that is‑‑until‑‑the tenth generation (Deut. 23:3):

Habakkuk tells us of mountains that were "everlasting", that is‑‑until‑‑they "were shattered" Hab. 3:6);

The fire for Israel's sin offering (of a ram without blemish) is never to be put out. It shall be ”perpetual" that is‑‑until‑‑Christ, the Lamb of God, dies for our sins. We now have a better covenant established on better promises (Lev. 6:12‑13, Heb. 8:6‑13);

God's waves of wrath roll over Jonah "forever," that is--until-‑the Lord delivers him from the large fish's belly on the third day (Jonah 2:6,10; 1: 17);

Egypt and Elam will "rise no more" (Jer. 25:27)‑‑until‑‑the Lord will "restore the fortunes of Egypt" (Ez. 29:14) and "restore the fortunes of Elam" (Jer. 49:39).

"Moab is destroyed" (Jer. 48:4, 42)‑‑until‑‑the Lord "will restore the fortunes of Moab" (Jer. 48:47);

Israel's judgment lasts "forever"‑‑until‑‑the Spirit is poured out and God restores it (Isa. 32:13‑15).

20. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Dr. Marvin Vincent, in his Word Studies of the New Testament (vol. IV, p. 59): “The
    adjective aionios in like manner carries the idea of time. Neither the noun nor the adjective IN THEMSELVES carries the sense of “endless” or “everlasting.” Aionios means enduring through or pertaining to a period of time. Out of the 150 instances in the LXX (Septuagint), four-fifths imply limited duration.” (Editor’s note: the rest of the time aionios takes on a greater meaning from the noun to which it is connected, usually God Himself or heaven.)