1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

theres all kinds of scholarships and study out there i do believe--just pick which one you want and you can have it :)

2. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

So, what you're saying is that I'm a Baptist who is not a Baptist? I don't quite understand.

3. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

maybe who ever that is has been sent as a witness for you on the topic at hand--even though he said he wasnt a universalist--he produced historical evidence that proves it was the early teaching of even the apostles :)

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Who posted the link to Primitive no-heller universalist Baptists?
    I would not consider them Baptist.
    People can attach the name Baptist to a group of people, but when that group goes against the doctrine that Baptists typically believe how can they be Baptist?

I still am not sure what you believe.
    But a denial in a literal hell?
    Universalism?

These are not beliefs held by the average Baptist. That is why I am saying that your beliefs my be better tolerated in the non-Baptist forums than here.

6. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

then i would be like you. I'll stick to the time tested methods of the true Baptists before me. You say you are a student, but you never reference any scholarly books when it comes to Greek words. What kind of school are you in?

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

ohhh another insult straight forward :)

shall i bow to your highness now--seeing you are so far above me :)

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

study the history of the churches(Trail of Blood Book)and youll find that the baptists then in christ day were far different than the baptists of today :)

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It was a straight forward honest question. It doesn't deserve to be answered with sarcasm. If you are not here to discuss and debate then why are you here?

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have studied thoroughly the Trail of Blood. I note many resemblances of those churches today, as I note many resemblances to the churches in the Bible to today's Baptist churches. None of them are universalist; none of them deny the literal existence of hell that I know of. If there are some, they are in the great minority.

11. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Okay, thank you for your explanation.

The no-hellers believe every Primitive Baptist doctrine except the one on hell, so I don't see how they can be denied the name of Baptist. But I guess that's the difference in how different people view things.

I have stated that I am not a universalist, and I have nowhere said I denied a literal hell.

But I do look forward to participating in the Other Denominations forums because I enjoy interacting with all Christians. I have also found over the years that my own views have been crystallized by debate with those who do not view things like I do. So I welcome such debate.

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

i never denied the existance of Hell(there you go again putting words in my mouth)i said i didnt find it to be as you say it is--but i do believe in Hell :)

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its the place the Bible said the beast and false prophet wille xperience ETERNAL TORMENT!

or the Lake of Fire second death...

Does NOT refer to non existence any more , but of a state eternal seperated from Gods presense, permanent spiritually death!

14. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

I know you answered DHK, but I have to interject here.
    Here is your chance to show us what you have learned. I am not being facetious, so please tell us what hell is in your view. I have asked that before yet you dodged the question.

Furthermore, with what do you disagree about how we believe about hell?

15. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

We have some "no hellers" in the family.

But they DO believe in hell--just that it is temporal (in this life).

Also, might want to do a word study on "eternal". Sometimes it means just exactly what we think it does. Sometimes it doesn't.

And sometimes we overlook some things like the idea that Sodom and Gomorrah will be restored (yep, it's there--hint OT--have fun!)

All I can say is whatever and wherever and for however long hell is, I want no part of it and am thankful for my Savior!

Someone once told me--not sure if I agree--that Calvinists think God COULD save everyone and doesn't want to do so. Arminians think God WANTS to save everyone, but because He granted free will He can't. No hellers believe God CAN save everyone and WANTS to save everyone, so He will.

Personally, I HOPE God loves like the Arminians say He does, saves as determinedly as the Calvinists say He does, and succeeds like the no hellers say He does!

16. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

They believe in something they call hell but it is not the Hell of the Bible.

However, lets assume it is the real Hell they believe in. The problem still exists that the Statement of Faith to join BB says:

"The unrighteous will be consigned to Hell, the place of everlasting punishment."

They believe and teach Hell is temporary. Therefore they joined BB under false terms, believe false doctrine, and are trying to teach it here. Why that is allowed to continue I do not know.

17. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

18. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

question for you--how can hell be cast into hell and still exsist ?

19. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

well said :thumbsup::thumbsup:

20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If heaven is eternal, which it is, and we now have eternal life in Christ, which those saved do, then Hell is eternal also, as the same words describe the time range for both places!