1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Aragorn, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hell Baptist Board! My username is taken from my favorite Lord of the Rings character (for those who aren't Tolkien fans).

I'm 29 and I currently reside in Indiana. I put "Seeking Christ" as my religion for now because, well that is an accurate reflection. I was a raised Baptist and converted to Catholicism in high school. For the past 10 years I've found myself in and out of the Catholic Church. Last month I decided I was totally done with Catholicism and was looking at Eastern Orthodoxy, however, I feel as though the Lord is leading me back to my roots.

I will have plenty of theological questions as 10 years in Catholicism has colored my theological outlook. Please don't take my questioning as disagreeable or hostile, I am sincere in my seeking.

Anyways, I have a wife, a daughter, and a child on the way. The Lord has blessed me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the baptistboard.

I believe we have a thread on reforging ancient swords in the hobbies forum.
    :D

I'm a pretty big Tolkien fan myself. I like The Silmarillion best, though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the Baptist Board. May it be helpful to you.