1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jerron Clark, Nov 5, 2022.

1. Jerron Clark

Jerron Clark New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My name is Jerron, living in Virginia, and in the military.
    I grew up in a Christian house and was saved and baptized at an early age. I walked away from God for a while in my 20's but, praise the Lord, he never walked away from me. After I was married in my early 30's and when we were about to have our first kid my wife and I talked and knew we needed to get back in church consistently. I've been going to Chesapeake Baptist Church ever since.
    I just started a podcast, Surrendered, Revealed, and Obeyed; the first episode is with my Pastor. It starts a series called "Churches Planting Churches." I'm using this medium as another way to learn from other Christians and hopefully, it can help others. If you're interested at all it's on Spotify.
    I look forward to reading a bunch of posts on here. I don't post a lot on social media of any kind, but I do read a bunch and will post occasionally.

Surrendered, Revealed, and Obeyed

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome Jerron!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad you are with us!
    You state you are military-
    What branch - and what rank (just wondering if I outrank everyone!) :D
    ( I obtained the rank of E-7) - Spent many years in the US Army.

I trust you noticed that we have a forum for the military - hope you catch us there.
    and be sure to vistit a variety of fourms - play some the "games" we come up with,
    We have Bap History, Evangelism, Prayer Requests, computers, travel (where have you traveled to?) and much more.!

:Cool:Roflmao:Sleep

4. Jerron Clark

Jerron Clark New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I appreciate the warm welcome!
    I'm in the Navy and made E8 a little over two years ago.
    I will definitely check out the military forum as I explore the baptist board. I'm excited to "get out" and see all it had to offer.
    As far as my travels, it is almost all Asia. My first duty station out of school I was stationed in Guam for 6 years, and from there I worked in the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Japan, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, and New Zealand. Since being stationed back in the states I haven't traveled as much. I've gone to Morocco, Greece, Oman, and Bahrain. Hopefully soon to add a few South American countries to the list.

Again, thank you for the warm welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome aboard Senior Chief

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I guess you are the NCOIC! (CPO)! :Rolleyes

I spent 3 long tours in Germany and then a few months in Alaska.
    Two tours at Ft Hood, Tx.

While in Germany, I did visit Berlin - and we spent one day in East Berlin. In addition, I also pulled border patrol on the East German border.
    But most of my time, I was in Supply and administration.

7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome Jerron... Vietnam Vet that served in the Marines in 65 through 69... All branches are welcome here and we enjoy your participation... People in uniform are encourage, so invite your friends... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 2