1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello and new to the forums

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nhamel802, May 2, 2012.

1. nhamel802

nhamel802 New Member

A story about my life and my walk with god.

I was saved when I was 15. but latter on I lost my walk with god and was lost down the road of drugs and alcohol to the point ware I was living in my car and stealing to support my habit. And started getting in and out of jail.

In this time I blamed god for my problems. But my life started turning around and I forgot about my lord and saver.

Time pasted and pasted and I got my life together. I now have 3 kids and a wonderful wife. And a home owner. 3 weeks ago I made a vary import-in phone call.. I called my pastor at my old church told him some of my story and asked if I would be welcome back.

I have devoted my self back to our lord and have re found my faith. And 1 week ago I led my wife to Christ. And together as a family we are walking with our lord together

So all this time when I was thinking I was buy my self and god had left me. He picked me up and helped me I can say now I have been 11 years clean and sober. And have a wonderful life.

Thank you god for the life you have giving me
    I share this because if anyone is going throw a hard time. Just trust in god. Ask for his help he will be there for you as he was in me. Even know I did not even know he was there

In Him. Nick

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nick,
    Welcome to the Baptistboard! We can be glad that we have so great a salvation when we trust in Jesus by a God given faith.
    As a believer now with your wife and family looking to you as the spiritual head of your home, it is important that you seek a faithful bible teaching church....where you and your family can grow ,worship, and serve the Lord.
    The Apostle Paul had been religious earlier in his life, but when God really saved him he said this;
    As new creatures in Christ....we move forward in life, by feeding on the word,and praying to be found faithful to what God has called us to.:wavey:

3. nhamel802

nhamel802 New Member

I belong to independent Baptist King James version only church
    kirkbride Thompson Chain-Reference bible style 510 its my 1st bible and i'm just overwhelmed with it there is a lot of of stuff in it
    i start reading the bible 3 weeks ago my paster told me to start with john, acts, then john 1,2,3 and after i get done with that come see him and he will tell me ware to go from there.. I just got done with 3 john

#3 nhamel802, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
  4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome aboard!! :wavey:

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sounds good nick! I also use a thompson chain bible....it is one of the best:wavey: John is a great place to start:thumbs:

John speaks about Jesus ...why he came, how he is the good shepherd of the sheep....In the ot in ezekiel 34 God said he would come to seek and save his sheep.Jesus in john 10 says he is the good shepherd

#5 Iconoclast, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
  6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Hello Nick
    Praise God for you finally getting saved and now your wife also turning to the Lord. What a blessing it is to really know the Lord. It is clear that the Lord used those years of sin in your life to bring you to where you really would come to surrender yourself to Him in faith and find salvation. He truly is long suffering in the lives of men. God bless and may He continue to bless you and your family.

#6 freeatlast, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
  7. nhamel802

nhamel802 New Member

My wife be baptized this Sunday it took a long time to bring my wife to the Lord we went had a meeting with our pastor and at this point she just was not ready to accept the Lord as her Savior she was not raised in a Christian Family and new nothing about Christianity are even that Jesus was crucified so Our pastor told us to go home with a workbook to read and fill out and read the book of John my wife read the book of John in three days at the end she told me she was ready and she was saved it was a very rewording time in my life

8. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board, Nick.

9. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Let me add my welcome, too.

10. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the Board!!