1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 1Tim115, Jun 7, 2010.

1. 1Tim115

1Tim115 New Member

I'm a newbie and wanted to say hello. I'm a Fundamental Independent Baptist or as Ian Paisley would say "funnymental people."

I look forward to hearing and commenting...oops, I already commented on a few threads.

So you all know where I stand, here's my statement of faith and doctrines.

Here is where I stand. This Statement of faith and doctrine is personally tailored in several areas from those of my local Church and previous churches I’ve attended. If it can be accepted then we can join in fellowship for the purpose of sharing the gospel with others in an effort to further build the Church of Jesus Christ our Lord. I'm glad God led me to compare doctrinal and faith statements before pulling my own together.

The Word of God

I believe the original texts are the divinely inspired Word of God in its entirety, written by men as they were moved by the Holy Spirit, and that it is the sole authority for the Christian's faith and conduct. I believe the King James Version of the Bible is the preserved Word of God for teaching and preaching to English speaking people. This is what I will use when I quote scripture. I believe other English translations contain the Word of God including the latest Roman Church, Douay, authorized version, The New American Bible, Saint Joseph Edition. (2 Timothy 3.16-17; 2 Peter 1.20-21)

...the 1769 KJV fits me and I believe God is honored that I have it settled.

Besides the above...I cannot submit to memory the newer EVs. It's too much like casual conversation which, leads many to discard a great percentage of when someone is speaking. We have to remember this is God speaking to us and answering questions we have so, casual and discard are not options. The KJB makes me pause and think about the meaning and in many cases look up meaning. It causes me to meditate on God's Word and I know that pleases Him. (2 Timothy 3:15)

The Godhead
    I believe in a personal God, who is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I believe they are equal in every divine perfection, each executing distinct, but harmonious offices in the work of Redemption. God is infinitely holy, being by His own nature incapable of sin, and absolutely sovereign working all things after the counsel of His own will. (Gen. 1:1; Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; John 1:13, 4:24, 10:30; Rom. 8:28, 9:11; II Cor. 13:14; Eph. 1:5)

God the Father
    I believe that God the Father is the all wise and sovereign ruler of all creation, who sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. He is the Creator of all and the Father of those who have accepted redemption through His Son.

God the Son
    I believe that Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit and was born of Mary, a virgin, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men; that He is both the Son of God and God the Son. I believe He led a sinless life, He died on the cross, He was raised again to life by the Father, sits at the Fathers right hand, is coming again to take me with Him to heaven and eternal life. (Isa. 7.14; John 1.1-2; Gal. 4.4-5; Phil. 2.5-8)

God the Holy Spirit
    I believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine Person, equal with God the Father and God the Son and of the same nature. It is He who convicts of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. He is the Restrainer of the Evil One until God's purpose is fulfilled. He bears witness to the truth of the Gospel and is the agent in the new birth, baptizing all true believers into the Body of Christ, sealing them until the day of redemption. (John 16.8-11; Rom. 8-9; 1 Cor. 12.12-14; Eph. 4.30)

Creation
    I believe that God created the universe in six literal, 24-hour days. I reject any form of evolution, including Theistic Evolution, as an unscriptural theory of origins. (Gen. 1-2)

Man
    I believe that man was created in the image and after the likeness of God, but he by voluntary transgression fell from his sinless and happy estate. The resulting consequences are that all men are now sinners not by constraint, but by choice and are therefore under the just condemnation of God, without excuse or defense. (Gen. 1.26-27; Rom. 3.22-23; Eph. 2.1-3)

Salvation
    I believe that the salvation of sinners is wholly of grace through faith and that Jesus is the only way of salvation. I believe that the Gospel makes the blessings of salvation free and that nothing prevents the salvation of the greatest sinner but his own inherent depravity and voluntary rejection of the Gospel. (John 1.12; Eph. 1.7, 2.8-10)

Eternal Security
    I believe that those who receive Jesus Christ as Savior are eternally secure. Their security rests in the finished work of Jesus Christ and all of the redeemed are kept by God's power and are thus secure in Christ forever. (John 6.37-40; Rom. 8.1; 1 Pet. 1.4-5)

Heaven & Hell
    I believe Heaven to be a real and actual place. It is where the throne of God is, where Jesus is now, and where all the saved will be forever. (Matt. 6.9; Heb. 8.1) Likewise, I believe Hell to be a real and actual place. It is the abode of the soul and spirit of departed unbelievers. It is a place of torment and fire. It is the lake of fire prepared for Satan and his angels. (Luke 16.22-31; Rev. 20.11-14)

Christ's Resurrection
    I believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there as High Priest and Advocate. (Acts 1.1-11; Hebrews 8.1)

Second Coming of Christ
    I believe in the catching away of the Church, which is the “Blessed Hope” of the believer. It is the personal, pre-tribulational, pre-millennial, imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ when He will come in the sky to gather His Bride, the Church, unto Himself. I also believe in the physical return of Christ in His Glory, at the end of the seven-year tribulation, to rule with a rod of iron, and to establish and execute His kingdom on earth for a thousand years. At the end of the millennial kingdom, Christ will judge Satan and his fallen angels along with all the lost at the Great White Throne, from whence He will cast them all into the Lake of Fire for all eternity. Christ will then make a New Heaven and a New Earth, where the saved of every dispensation will dwell with Him forever. (Ps. 89.3-4; Dan. 2.31-45; 1 Thess. 1.10, 4.13-18)

Scripture Ordinances
    I believe that the Spiritual ordinances of the church are Baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper; that they are to be administered to believers only as a symbol of their belief in the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, and as a testimony to the world of that belief and of their death, burial, and resurrection with Him; and that the Lord's Supper should be partaken by believers only to show forth His death, "till He come." (1 Corinthians 11.24-25)

The Church
    I believe that the visible church is a congregation of baptized believers practicing the New Testament principles, believing its doctrines, observing its ordinances, and exercising its autonomy. I believe it is the responsibility of the local church to propagate the Gospel to the local community, near regions, and regions beyond. Every Christian should have a part in the local church ministry. I believe that the Church of Jesus Christ our Lord is the entire body of all congregations of baptized believers world wide no matter the denomination. (Matt. 16.16-19)

Abortion
    I believe human life begins at conception and that the unborn child is a living human being. Abortion constitutes the unjustified, unexcused taking of unborn human life. Abortion is murder. I reject any teaching that abortion of pregnancies due to rape, incest, birth defects, gender selection, or population control, or for the mental well being of the mother are acceptable. (Job. 3.16; Ps. 51.5, 139.14-16; Lk. 1.44)

Missions
    I believe that God has given the church a great commission to proclaim the gospel to all nations (world missions). As ambassadors for Christ, we must use all available scriptural means to go to the foreign nations with the gospel. I will admonish other members to pray for missions, give toward missions, go and accomplish missionary service when possible, and participate in sending missionaries to reach the lost. (Matt. 28.19-20; Mk 16.15; Acts 1.8)

I do feel a great urgency to share the Gospel. I believe other Bible believing Christians feel as I do, that the Lord’s return is imminent.

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome aboard!! :wavey:

3. Mississippi John

Welcome !!!:smilewinkgrin:

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Welcome from NC

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board!

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome from the Salt City!

I read your your doctrine statement and only see one minor thing I am not in total agreement. And as a member of a Southern Baptist church; like you I am a a fundamental independent Baptist.

So it looks likes we will have some great arguments - oops I mean Discussions :smilewinkgrin:

Salty

PS, when it comes to abortion, I tell people I am pro- choice :eek:

I believe if a baby chooses abortion, he should be allowed to - and he is the only one that should have the choice.

8. 1Tim115

1Tim115 New Member

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. You too Salty :laugh:

9. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the board.