1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pilgrimspen, Jul 13, 2012.

1. pilgrimspen

pilgrimspen New Member

Hi to all!
    Hi I'm from (Metro) Manila, PHILIPPINES. I accepted our Lord Jesus in the year 2004. I was baptized August of 2010. I consider myself a baby Christian. Still learning little by little.

I'm currently working for the government and I'm finishing my Master's degree in Human Resources hopefully this year.

I attend a Baptist church near my place and the name is Cornerstone Community Baptist Church. Our pastor before was from the US Ptr.Ankney and now another American, he graduated at Moody Bible Institute in the USA together with his wife.

Thank you!

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome aboard!! :wavey:

FYI, the church w/which I'm affiliated, Lighthouse Christian Fellowship ( www.lighthouseministries.org ), has had many ties w/Filippino people/churches/"native" pastors/missionaries, etc.

These ties have been established, in some cases, over a 20+ yr time span.

Currently most of LCF's association w/these wonderful saints is done under the umbrella of a foundation created by LCF's "Founding Pastor," Bro. Al Henson known as Compassionate Hope Foundation ( www.compassionatehope.org )

Bro. Al has spent many, many months in encouraging/edifying/visiting & coordinating w/God's people both there in the Philippines, many other peoples on mainland SE Asia as well as back in the states. Whether or not he has had any specific connections w/your church, I cannot say.

Anyway, it was good to read of how God has/is/will work in your particular situation! "We're in this together, so to speak," and my prayer (as "only a lay person," at lighthouse) is that God will continue to pour out His manifold blessings & guidance upon you, your loved ones, & the church where He has led you!

In Christ since April, 1966,
    ktn4eg (Paul)

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome! My dad was born in the Philippines!

4. pilgrimspen

pilgrimspen New Member

Thanks Paul for sharing & Saggy, its nice to know that and than you guys for welcoming me! :)

5. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

Welcome to the BB, pilgrimspen! :wavey:

6. pilgrimspen

pilgrimspen New Member

Thanks also Fred's Wife for welcoming me :)

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board. I have some friends where the wife is from the Philippines, and they want to move back there.

8. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know missionaries in Japan (the Craigs) who have children who minister in the Philippines. You wouldn't by any chance have contact with them?

9. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your time here.

10. pilgrimspen

pilgrimspen New Member

Thanks JonMarc, agedman, and tom for welcoming me. :)

JonMarc: that's good to know. There are some nice places to stay here.
    Bet she misses her hometown.

Agedman: There are a lot of Baptist churches here.. I live in a city near Manila... do you know the name of the place/city they stay?...