1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello folks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chris 777, Jan 6, 2009.

1. chris 777

chris 777 New Member

I wouldn't exactly call myself a baptist, because I do not see it as scriptural. I am a Christian. And I have not found any other denomination that seems to follow Gods word , as closely as the baptist. I have been attending the same church for over 8 years now, though I have refrained from baptism, but It is very important to me, as I wish to follow Christ wishes, I have just waited because I didn't want to do it, and then move on to another church. However It is becoming clearer, and clearer that I must participate in order to affect the changes that I feel compelled to at least attempt to demonstrate through the scriptures to my local church. 2 of my uncles are deacons, and a third was but he has already passed away. I have been profoundly troubled with what I see coming, and I can no longer brush it off, and hope the Lord will send someone else to do his will when I can so clearly see the need, and have shamefully been running, and hoping someone else will step up for me. I agree with most of what my pastor teaches as well even if it is not what our church, nor the mainstream necessarily follow. Nevertheless I see a great deal of work to be done, and no one to do it, and instead of continuing to watch and wait for that person to come along, I realize that I need to if nothing else step up and maintain until such time as the Lord sees fit sends someone to relieve me if he ever does.

Sorry for the essay, I just fet the need to confess my sin of denial and hoping someone else would come along.

I was worldly my whole life, I originally planned to get into entertainment, until I was personally convicted of my deep love for it, and the realization that ultimately it is a distraction for me from Christ, and that I personally do not feel compelled to continue perusing it, when I have so clearly and heartrendingly been burdened with the worlds need to have Christ preached above all other things, because regardless of When Christ returns it will always be sooner than we think, and theri will always be something or someone who is in desperate vital need of hearing the Gospel of truth preached to them, as there are so very very few workers in the field, and not involved in other pursuits.

I am a divorced father with custody, and I personally am unsure If I can or should remarry considering the need for focus on Christ mandate, as well, as the circumstances of my sins involving my marriage, and divorce.

I am still working out my own salvation with fear , and trembling.
    But I have seen too much to turn away with a clear concience, and I know that running from this is futile,and disobedient, and I have done more than my fair share in life.

Again I am sorry for the essay, I just felt like I should confess these things.

I hope we can get down to business and do Gods will on earht.

thanks for listening
    Chris

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Welcome from the Great Pacific Northwest.

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board, Chris. Like you, I prefer Baptist because I believe it is the closest to the truth of the Bible. We should not define ourselves by our denomination, anyway, but by the fact that we have been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ, forgiven and justified by God's grace, and sanctified for His use.

I've been born again since May 18, 1963 and have served in every capacity in churches except that of pastor. My talent is in singing and leading the singing, which I've done since a teenager.

Living a holy life in an unholy and sin-filled world is not easy. Staying true and faithful to the truth when the world around you is denying the truth is also not easy. Standing and saying "I am a Christian" to unbelievers takes a lot of courage--like the 16-year-old girl who answered "Yes" to the question at Columbine High School "Do you still believe in God?" as a gun was pointed at her face, and then she was blown away and entered into God's presence. She made the ultimate sacrifice for her Lord. I wonder how many of us would stand that test. Facing death would weed the pretenders out from among the true believers.

4. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Greetings from England!

Blessings

following-Him :)

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Welcome to the BB!

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hello Chris!

A great BIG welcome to the BB from the great state of Illinois!

Come on down to the COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE in "All Other Discussions", where as Christians, we are all on common ground...

It is a great place to kick back, relax, and get to know each other. And we have FREE food and beverages!

Blessings,
    §ue :)