1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello from Austin, TX and I have a Question

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KC78681, Mar 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. KC78681

KC78681 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love the Lord with all my heart and want to serve Him but I'm not sure how. I'm told that women serve by taking care of their husbands and children, i.e. the Proverbs 31 wife and that they can't serve in the church. Is this true? I really want to do more.

-Karen

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you want to serve the church?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Karen,

One area which is probably lacking in every local church is prayer.

Jesus opened the way into the Holy Place in heaven with His own blood.
    Nowhere are we told that women are not allowed into that Holy Place sanctified by our High Priest Jesus Christ through the auspices of the New Covenant.

If there is one thing needed in this day and age its prayer.

Not that other things can't be done by women, but prayer IMO is a real need.

1 Timothy 2
    1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks,
    be made for all men;
    2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
    1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, KC78681. Welcome to the Baptist Board from Austin, Texas (I was just there visiting Thursday). I hope it is a blessing to you.

5. BryanMatthew

BryanMatthew New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm new in this forum too, but at our church here are some of the ways women serve the lord:
    1. Volunteer at sunday school
    2. You can always approach female visitors at church and make friends as a way to encourage them
    3. You can leave tracts for people where you commonly travel
    4. Invite people to church
    5. Join the choir
    2 Timothy 2:15 KJV — Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman(or woman) that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

If I'm wrong someone here will point that out i'm sure, but I hope I can encouage you. Godbless!

6. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to BB.

7. Deadworm

Deadworm Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hi Karen,

Some of us here, like myself, are interlopers in the sense that we represent the big bad world of "other denominations." As such, we can't post in the Baptist sections of this site. But I have strong feelings about your question and would like to engage you in dialogue about your options. For 12 years, I (a United Methodist with a Pentecostal background) was a Theology professor at a Catholic university, where, among other subjects, I taught a course on Women and Religion. You could start a thread about this controversial subject in the "Other Christian Denominations" section that would prompt a thorough debate on the topic of female options for service and leadership in the Christian church.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you spoken on this to your pastor?