1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello! My name is Wyman Richardson.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wyman Richardson, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Wyman Richardson

Wyman Richardson New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I serve as the pastor of Central Baptist Church, a Southern Baptist congregation in North Little Rock, Arkansas. I'm not sure what all to say in an introduction post. Lol! My wife and I are from South Carolina. We have one daughter and she is a junior in college. I did my MDiv at Southwestern Seminary in Fort Worth and the DMin at the Beeson Divinity School in Birmingham, AL. I pastored two Baptist churches in Georgia for a little over 12 years and have been the pastor of Central Baptist in NLR for eight years come January. When I was in seminary I pastored a small congregation just over the Oklahoma line for two years. I'm also editing the 8 volume "Collected Writings of James Leo Garrett Jr., 1950-2015," two volumes of which are now available.

• Like Like x 6
  2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, Wyman. Welcome to the Baptist Board. I hope you find it a blessing.

Where did you pastor in Georgia? My paternal ancestors came from Georgia (in the 1800s) and much of the family were in White Plains and Smyrna (now Siloam) churches in Greene County.

Dr. Garrett lives in Nacogdoches, about 20 miles south of where I live and pastor. I think you and/or your collected writings were mentioned in an article the Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel featured on him awhile back.

3. Wyman Richardson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello! I pastored Stonecrest Baptist Church in Woodstock, GA, and First Baptist Church in Dawson, GA (southwestern GA). So I was both above and below "the gnat line" in Georgia. I came here to Arkansas in January of 2011.

Yes, the Daily Sentinel did indeed do a piece on the series. We were grateful for it. Dr. Garrett is now 93 years old but sharp as ever. He and I correspond frequently in working on these volumes. He is, I believe, a member at First Baptist Nacogdoches. You are probably aware that earlier this year Baylor University had a "James Leo Garrett Jr. Day" at which he delivered a new lecture on Baptists and Anabaptists. Truly inspiring gentleman, Dr. Garrett.

It's a pleasure to meet you!

• Like Like x 1
  4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good to meet you. I'm not Southern Baptist, so much of my contact with FBC Nacogdoches is incidental. Just went to a funeral this morning preached by Allen Reed, who was pastor there for about 35 years. I believe his son is still on the staff.

I've been to Woodstock -- quite a few places north of Atlanta and up into the Blue Ridge, but only been south in Georgia once on a drive from Atlanta down into Florida. We probably went west of Dawson. Pine Mountain is the only place I have a specific memory of going through on the road on which we were driving.

5. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I go to Camp Robinson every few years, next time I'm around I'll try to visit on Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wyman Richardson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Rob! Do so! Would be great to meet you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. missmary

missmary New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why hello Pastor!

My Pastor lives in Forrest City and my daddy was raised in Warren, which is in Bradley County.

I love Arkansas and live in an area of Tennessee not far from it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wyman Richardson

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose almost a year later is not too long to respond, is it? :) That's great. I know Forrest City but I don't know Warren (I don't think). There's still a lot of towns in Arkansas I've yet to visit. I stop in Forrest City from time to time on the way to and from Memphis, though I do dread that stretch of I-40 between Little Rock and Memphis: too many trucks and too much construction!

But it is great to meet you. My apologies for the long delay!

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I used to live in Forest Park back in the mid to late 80's.
    I worked at WSSA radio - Was Christian - but no longer.

Glad to have you on board.

Like you, I am also SBC. In fact last week we were at our State Convention- 50th Anniversary!
    Hmmm - do you like to do mission trips - our building needs a lot of help.

So, here is your GREAT BIG WELCOME. Looking to see your posts!