1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hell's Daily Share Of The Funerals

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Zuno Yazh, Mar 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuno Yazh

Zuno Yazh Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    -
    According to Jesus Christ's testimony, as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Mar 17, 2017 @ 07:57 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 327,371,503 with a death rate of approximately one every 11 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,854 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,710 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,912 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 121 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 60 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,912 condemned souls per 327,371,503 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,460,627,973 people, would suggest something like 66,362 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,765 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 18 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 12:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Classical Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, LGBT marriage, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If the classical Christian hell is for real; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.

/

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ezekiel 18:29-32; Acts 16:31.
    But if you were really worried about people dying and going to hell, you wouldn't be complaining about it, you'd be out doing some evangelism somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe I'll just look at Heavens portion according to scripture... Brother Glen:)

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Oops!!!... Forgot the angels!

Hebrews 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things that that of Abel.

#3 tyndale1946, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So are you God's census taker?... Brother Glen:)

5. Zuno Yazh

Zuno Yazh Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    -
    1Cor 16:22 . . If anyone love not The Lord, let him be accursed.

One's love of The Lord is evidenced by loyalty.

"If you love me, you will comply with what I command." (John 14:15)

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me." (John 14:21)

"If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching . . He who does not love me will not obey my teaching." (John 14:23-24)

Does a Muslim have to be a terrorist to be cursed? No; they only have to be a loyal follower of Muhammad ibn Abdullah instead of a loyal follower of Jesus Christ; same goes for Atheists, Nonreligious, Baha'i, Buddhists, Chinese Universalists, Confucianists, Jains, Kabbalah mystics, Shintoists, Spiritists, Taoists, Zoroastrians, Jews, Sikhs, and Hindus-- they're all on a road to hell: they're cursed and there is nothing to be gained in arguing about it.

How many people am I talking about? Well, as of mid 2014, worldwide there were:

550,000 Scientologists
    1,500,000 Mormons
    8,200,000 Jehovah's Witnesses
    7,794,000 Baha'i
    515,951,000 Buddhists
    451,292,000 Chinese Folk Religionists
    8,424,000 Confucianists
    974,597,000 Hindus
    5,567,000 Jains
    14,142,000 Jews
    1,673,590 Muslims
    2,819,000 Shintoists
    24,918,000 Sikhs
    14,183,000 Spiritists
    8,660,000 Taoists
    196,000 Zoroastrians
    828,594,000 Nonreligious
    692,111,000 Agnostics
    136,483,000 Atheists.

The grand total of just those categories alone is 5,369,071,000

If those figures are in the ball park, and if classical Christianity is the reality; then a minimum of at least 75% of the earth's 2014 population of 7.2 billion people didn't love The Lord.

NOTE: Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons are Christians, yes, but not in the classical sense.

Joseph Smith's movement is a spin-off; in other words: there's some classical Christianity in Mormonism, but comprises only a portion of Mormonism. The rest of it is extreme, to say the least.

Neither do Jehovah's Witnesses qualify as Christians in the classical sense. Charles Taze Russell's movement is a spin-off too. There's some classical Christianity in the Watchtower Society's doctrines, but comprises only a portion of Russell's doctrines; and his slant on it is very peculiar.

/

6. Zuno Yazh

Zuno Yazh Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    -
    Human existence consists of three parts: body, soul, and spirit (Gen 2:7, 1Thess 5:23 and Heb 4:12).

According to Matt 10:28, the body and the soul are perishable. However; though the body is perishable by any means, the human soul is perishable only by divine means; i.e. the deaths of body and soul aren't simultaneous.

I have yet to encounter a passage in the Bible clearly, conclusively, and without ambiguity stating that the third part of human existence is any way perishable; either by the hand of man or by the hand of God.

Solomon believed that God reclaims the spirit upon the death of the body (Ecc 12:7) but Solomon didn't go on to say what God does with it.

Portions of the book of Ecclesiastes are often quoted as proof texts that there is no conscious existence in the afterlife; but Solomon's knowledge went no further than the grave; while Christ's knowledge goes well beyond the grave. It is far better to listen to Christ's teachings about the afterlife than Solomon's because Solomon's knowledge was incomplete; whereas Christ's knowledge is unlimited. (John 1:1-3, John 3:31-34, Col 2:3 and Col 2:9).

Luke 11:31 . .The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

Matt 17:5 . .This is My son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him.

/

7. Zuno Yazh

Zuno Yazh Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    -
    Mark 9:47-48 . . If your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. It is better to enter the kingdom of God half blind than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell; where the worm never dies and the fire never goes out.

Christ's instructions didn't reveal anything new. He simply reiterated information that had already been released by an Old Testament prophet roughly 700 years before.

Isa 66:22-24 . . From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me-- speaks the Lord. And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against Me: their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.

That rather ghastly scene depicts a sort of tourist attraction similar to the La Brea Tar Pits museum in Los Angeles where the remains of prehistoric creatures, excavated from ancient asphalt deposits, are on display.

A worm that thrives in flame is pretty amazing, but not unreasonable. The 4 inch Pompeii worm lives in sea water temperatures of 176° Fahrenheit, hot enough to kill salmonella and sanitize an egg. So I guess if God could create a worm like the Pompeii, it shouldn't be too difficult for Him to create worms that like it even warmer.

Q: The human body is organic. So then, how can it survive in flame as perpetual nourishment for those worms?

A: The laws of nature are not absolute. They were created in the first chapter of Genesis to control the behavior of created matter, and as such are easily manipulated by the one who designed them.

For example: fire totally incinerated the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah but left unscathed a desert shrub that Moses encountered in the Sinai outback while tending his father-in-law's sheep. (Ex 3:1-3)

Compare Dan 3:8-27 where a blistering hot fire left didn't even so much as singe the clothing of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego while slaying the guards that threw them in the furnace.

Q: Won't the worms eventually exhaust their food supply?

A: There are incidents in the Bible where small amounts of food stuffs were miraculously multiplied. One example is 1Kgs 17:8-16 where a tiny bit of flour and oil nourished Elijah and a widow woman, and her son, for a good many days during a time of prolonged drought.

Another incident is at 2Kgs 4:1-7 where a certain widow's husband died and left her deeply in debt. God multiplied her last pot of oil sufficiently to sell enough to pay off her debts, thereby saving her two sons from slavery.

No; I'm pretty sure those worms won't need to worry about running out of human remains with which to sustain themselves.

/

8. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a good translation. It is a quote from the last verses of Isaiah 66. The worm (maggot) does not die and the fire is not quenched (put out by active means - water, smothering, etc.).

Did you notice that the bodies are dead? This is not a place of eternal suffering, for the bodies have no life in them.

The flames do not continue to burn once the bodies are consumed. Most people seem to miss the meaning of the word, "quenched."

"quench" - to put out or extinguish (fire, flames, etc.).

The bodies are left in their shame until they are totally destroyed. There is no one who will put out the fire nor rescue the body from being consumed by larvae/maggots.

They don't die. The worms (maggots) are gorged on the rotting flesh and move to the next phase of their life cycle -- they become flies.

9. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now I know you are not a Baptist, lol.

Mormons and JWs are not Christians.

Don't be concerned with "classical Christianity," just be concerned with Biblical Christianity. If you do that, you will not make the erroneous statements you have been making.

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    J.W.s and Mormons are about as much Christians as Athiests are.

11. Zuno Yazh

Zuno Yazh Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    -
    Judas goats are trained for use in slaughterhouses and herd control. In stockyards, they lead sheep to slaughter; and are also used to lead other animals to specific pens and on to trucks. The term is a reference to the biblical traitor Judas Iscariot.

The phrase has also been used to describe goats utilized to locate feral goats targeted for eradication. They're usually outfitted with a transmitter, painted in red and then released. The goats then locate the remaining herds of feral goats, allowing hunters with tracking devices to find and exterminate them. The red paint marks the goat with the transmitter so the hunters know which one not to shoot.

You know what can be even worse than going to hell? Your own children following you there: and they trusted you.

Here's a sort of cute story I heard once. I don't know if it's true but I guess it sure is pertinent.

A boozing farmer went out to his barn in the dead of night after a snowfall to sneak a pull from his liquor bottle. Just as he got to the barn door he heard something behind him. Turning, the farmer recognized his little boy coming towards him. In amazement he asked the little guy how he ever managed to find his way out to the barn in the dark. His son replied: It was easy; I walked in your foot prints.

Can you just imagine the anguish that parents feel in the netherworld knowing that they inadvertently raised their children in an ideology that led them down the road to hell and all the while sincerely believing themselves doing the right thing? In other words: they actually Judas-goated their children to follow mom and dad down there. How do parents in hell cope with something like that on their conscience?

For some families, the only thing they have to look forward to in the afterlife is a sad reunion in fire and despair; for example:

Luke 16:27-29 . . Then he said: I beg you therefore, father [Abraham] that you would send [Lazarus] to my father's house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.

That poor man had no way to contact his surviving kin and let them know his whereabouts; but his biggest fear was that he knew them all well enough to know that all five were coming down where he was-- there was nothing he could do to prevent it. Imagine that man's grief had those five been his children.

/

12. Zuno Yazh

Zuno Yazh Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    -
    Ecc 1:2-4 . . Meaningless! Futile! complains the Teacher. Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless. What does a man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.

The earth is dumber than a spatula; yet easily outlives its human potentate whose IQ is infinitely greater. Take for example the great granite monuments in Yosemite Valley. Tourists to the valley come, and tourists to the valley go; and one day old age catches up with those tourists and they're gone; yet Yosemite's great stones abide decade after decade; century after century.

Most children born this day will be dead in 100 years; and those stones won't even notice. Though a child born today may be intelligent enough to eventually understand orbital mechanics and string theory; the stones-- stupid, mute, and uneducated --will easily outlast it.

Ecc 2:15-16 . . I thought in my heart,: The fate of the fool will overtake me also. What then do I gain by being intelligent? I said in my heart: This is meaningless For the intelligent man, like the fool, will not be long remembered-- in days to come both will be forgotten. Like the fool, the intelligent man too must die.

/

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The story of the Rich Man and Lazarus take place under the Law.

It is not Jesus Christ Abraham states his brothers have...

Luke 16:27-31
    King James Version (KJV)

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

The point is, "If they will not listen to that which they have been given, neither will greater revelation bring about repentance."

God bless.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Solomon was a bit of a whiner, wasn't he...

Now, would you mind justifying your statement that Mormons and JWs are Christians?

You have disqualified your teachings, my friend, by stating that those who reject Jesus Christ are Christians.

God bless.

15. Zuno Yazh

Zuno Yazh Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    -
    Luke 16:25-26 . . Abraham said to him: Son, remember

I should think that one of the worst aspects of hell is memory. How people down there retain their memories sans the brain cells they left behind with their corpse, I don't know; but they do, just as the rich man is able to experience thirst sans a flesh and blood tongue.

Luke 16:24 . .The rich man shouted: Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in anguish in these flames.

The older one gets, the more memories they accumulate, and many of those memories haunt us with terrible regret. However, the people in hell not only have to cope with their bad memories, but also the good ones too, and I should think it is remembering the good things they enjoyed in life that makes their situation only worse in the heat. They say it is better to have loved and lost, rather than not to have loved at all. I disagree. I suspect it is far better to not know what you're missing. Ignorance really would be bliss in the once-rich man's situation.

Just think: that poor guy is still in anguish down there to this very day; almost 2,000 years since Luke penned his gospel; and, in the grand scheme of things, that man is only just getting started on eternity because 2,000 years is little more than a warm-up for the main event.

/

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We retain memory because our memory is tied to our spirit, not our brain cells.

As to experiencing discomfort in the spirit, I think most have an erroneous view of the spiritual world. It is far more real than our own.

We shouldn't be haunted by any memory, except perhaps those that come about after our salvation.

Hebrews 9:13-14
    King James Version (KJV)

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Ignorance is not really the best thing to advocate, lol.

Our goal should be to convey the Gospel and hope God uses us as He ministers to their hearts.

Poor guy?

He rejected the Word of God.

He chose his destiny.

Perhaps you had a point?

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.