1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help, "cookies" not the eating kind

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Star, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Star

Star New Member

Ok I need very simplified help here, anyone up to this? I'm on ebay selling my entire household to move to South Carolina, the movers are astronomical so I figure I will put the $2000 they will charge me to ship and add in whatever I make on ebay (which looks good thus far) and buy new when I get there.

Problem, I had my dad help me awhile back with my computer (for those of you who remember) unfortunately I supposedly lost my "cookies" (no pun intended :D To make a long story short I accept paypal and my auctions are closing and payments rolling into Paypal but an error comes up telling me to enable my cookies, I HAVEN'T THE SLIGHTEST CLUE WHAT THAT IS or how to do it. Any step by step instructions for the computer illerate here? I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks so much

In Him Kim <---- Not too swift be simple with me ok? ;)

2. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

It sounds like you just need to set up your computer to accept cookies. That you deleted old cookies shouldn't have much to do with it.

In your browser menu (I'm using explorer - it may be slightly different for other browsers, though), click on "tools" and select "internet options" from the drop-down menu. A dialog box will open, and you should click the "privacy" tab at the top. Then you can move the slider that should appear to adjust how private you want your connection to be. I use "Medium-High," which does everything I need, but if that doesn't let you accept paypal's cookies, "Medium" should do it. I don't keep mine set to anything lower than that - ever.

I hope that helps with your problem!

3. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

That's just a PayPal error. I get that all the time I use them. Just try to log in again and you should be fine.

4. Star

Star New Member

Stubborn Kelly, I tried that but it wasn't working... good news though is I got it working! Webmaster got it right it was paypals error and its sometimes unerving especially since its hard to contact someone over there. Thanks for your help guys its much appreciated, its nice to know when you have a problem you can come here and someone will lend you a hand. [​IMG]

In Him Kim