1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help deciding

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by PrTeacher10, May 6, 2012.

  1. PrTeacher10

    PrTeacher10 New Member

    Oct 9, 2011
    Likes Received:
    Hello guys...

    need some help here....

    I have been looking around for potential universities to complete a doctoral program..

    To name some reasons I want to complete a doctoral program is to help me in the pastorate and teach locally/online at one of the universities. My problem is that the universities require a doctoral degree.

    I am currently in the field of education and plan to continue in that field, as well as the pastorate. However, I would LOVE to pick up 3 or 4 courses a year at the college level.

    I have looked at SATS, Greenwich, and a few others. I am unable to leave my current field, and could only do on campus intensives during the Summer.

    What would be my options in regards to a Phd program? Would SATS or Greenwich "fit the bill" or should I focus on something in the States. I just feel my options are limited right now. I would even consider doing a program long term (7-8 years, I'm only 26) and take a few courses a year.

    I have an accredited masters in education, and another in theological studies.

    ps...on a side note, I have a good friend who has a doctorate from an ua school and taught at an accredited Bible college (don't know how this is possible). Could an ua work? THIS IS NOT the route I'm wanting to go but time and location factors in for me...

    others I've looked at are...

    Temple Baptist

    I'm not sure I have "enough" education to be admitted into some of these programs.

    Not sure how TRACS, ABHE and others factor in either...

    I feel as if this is a "God" thing, and would appreciate your wise council an input...

  2. RG2

    RG2 Member
    Site Supporter

    May 12, 2011
    Likes Received:
    It depends on the school you want to teach at. However, regional accredited schools usually prefer regional accreditation doctorates.

    As for being able to do a PhD from a school with what you have, it doesn't hurt to call them up and ask.