1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help// IFB in New Orleans?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by baptistteacher, Aug 11, 2007.

1. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

My daughter is making preparations to attend Tulane University in New Orleans and we are trying to find a good church for her. She will not have a vehicle, so will need transportation to church. So far I have only found one listing of an Independent Baptist church in N.O., can this be true? If so, we need to do something about this. This is a mission field right here in our own country. Of course, you would have to learn to speak Cajun. ;)

Thanks for any help.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the top of the BaptistBoard, there is a place to do a search for Baptist churches. I did one for New Orleans, Louisiana and came up with 76 baptist churches. Surely your daughter could find a church out of those 76 that would come close to her Independent beliefs.

Just remember, with just a few exceptions, pretty much everything below Baton Rouge is Catholic and Democrat and with a few exceptions, pretty much everything above Baton Rouge is Protestant and Republican.

I'll be praying that she finds a church that meets her Independent criteria and that God would have her attend and you are at peace with for her. :praying:

3. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

I seriously doubt that the only "good" church to be found in NO is going to be only with the Independent Baptists.

4. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

from Scarlett O.
    I'll be praying that she finds a church that meets her Independent criteria and that God would have her attend and you are at peace with for her.

Thanks Scarlett!

5. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Mr. M
    While this may be true, this is our heritage. There are some Independent Baptists that I am not necessarily comfortable with these days. But it is a starting point.

______
    A fellow BB member shared this web site with me that had some churches in the suburbs not too far away.
    http://members.tripod.com/militarygetsaved/index.htm

6. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

Well good that you have a website with a list of churches.

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I would suggest you and/or your daughter contact the Director of the Greater New Orleans Child Evangelism Fellowship. He is a longtime personal friend of mine, and an ordained Baptist minister. He also serves in the National Guard as the Chaplain's Assistant for his unit. He can, no doubt, give you and her any information, as well as direct her to a good church, and may probably be able to help with the transportation problem, as well, either by giving it, or knowing someone who can help, there in "N'awlins".

I do not have any permission from him to post his name on the BB (or any place else, for that matter) publicly, so will not do so. That has never come up, and I'm sure he would not mind, but out of respect for other people's privacy, I'll not post it. I'll merely say that one can easily get in touch with him in New Orleans.

But you can say that Ed Sutton told you to seek his advice and help. Hope that does not cause him to say "No!" :laugh: :laugh:

And I do hope that helps you folks.

Oh yeah, I'm sure he does speak 'Cayun'! :thumbs:

Ed

#7 EdSutton, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2007
  8. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Thanks, Ed.
    She has decided to postpone the Tulane thing till next semester, so that gives us more time to check things out.