1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Help me to clear my mind.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Dec 15, 2014.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

See emboldened and underlined and bear in mind. God created the world = Rom 8:20 NKJV For the creation was subjected to futility, -----

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. Hebrews 2:7,8

But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Written some time after the resurrection of Jesus the Christ the Son of God, the seed of Abraham and David.

What man, in the image of what man, will see all things put under him?

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone. Hebrews 1:1-5 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For to which of the angels did He ever say:

“You are My Son,
    Today I have begotten You”?
    And again:

“I will be to Him a Father,
    And He shall be to Me a Son”?

Is that speaking of the seed of Abraham and David, the Son of God who had been made a little lower than the angels and by resurrection, declared the Son of God, higher than the angels, with power Rom 1:3,4?

Was it the first man Adam who was going to inherit all things, have all things put under him, that through him we also would have all things put under us; Or was it the last Adam, the seed of Abraham, the son of David, the Son of God, the sinless one, who would give his life and would be raised from the dead to inherit all things, that we being made also in his image would have all things put under us, man?

Would it be through the first man Adam that the death would come upon all, in order that the Last Adam could taste that death, taste in that he has been raised from the death and now all others who have died the death can be raised from the death in their own order?

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Give me your thoughts concerning verse 14 above.

What was he anointed as?
    What did he cover?
    What was he set over?
    What was the holy mountain of God?

I think a verse that might help is Hebrews 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

Who is this present world in subjection to? Who was Adam subjected to?

Why will the world to come not be put in subjection to the angels? Who will it be put in subjection? The resurrected Jesus, the firstborn and his many brethren?