1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help needed please

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by following-Him, Feb 27, 2005.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Could someone please give me some advise? I am trying to put my dissertation together into one document reading for having it bound tomorrow and now my computer seems to have developed a mind of its own.

I don't seem to be able to cut and paste, so I am having to highlight and then do control C and then control V. The problem is that even when I do this the text is coming out bold when it shouldn't do, also it is coming out underlined ?? and also in single space when it should be in double space. I am even getting a combination of these when I copy over just one paragraph. It also isn't letting my endnotes follow on. This is absolutely weird and I have never experienced anything like this before and would be very grateful for some help.

Thank you in anticipation

Sheila

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Oh yuck Sheila - I wish I could help :( .

3. following-Him

Roger,

I thought I was coping with it, but I have just seen that it has started recounting the endnotes. I am getting tired of this. :( I have been trying to get this done since yesterday.

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sheila, where do you have it saved and in what did you use, Words, Works?

I'm sure this is very upsetting!

5. following-Him

Diane, I have it saved on a floppy disc in Word. It seems to have started counting the endnotes from no. 1 again half way through the endnotes to chapter 4. :(

6. following-Him

OK...This is going to amuse most of you...but I have never claimed to be a mathematical / numerical genius. I haven't ever managed to understand Roman numerals...and it doesn't help that I can't read them well on the 'puter either. Go on, feel free to have a good laugh at my expense [​IMG]

But I still have the other problems of this computer underlining text and putting it into bold and changing the spacing and I really haven't a clue as to why this is...

Sheila [​IMG] and :confused: and trying very hard not to get :mad:

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Jim sent you some thoughts on this via email, Sheila. Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. :(

8. following-Him

Diane,

Please thank Jim for me. As yet the e-mail has not arrived. It has been a long evening but I am slowly getting there.

Thank you both so much

God Bless

Sheila

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Goodness Sheila! He sent it at 3:09 our time. I can cut and paste it here if it hasn't arrived! Not sure it's the answer you hoped for tho!

Diane

10. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know if you have cured this yet, or what version of word you are using.

Under View be sure it is in the one the document was created in (probably normal)

Also in some versions there is a window that allows you to set up headings and body text. Be sure when you copy that the choice isn't changing.

Also in some versions when you go to paste there is a little symbol that comes with the pasted in text and if you click it it allows you to keep or use other formatting.

Just some thoughts from someone else that doesn't like word's polluted mind of its own.