1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help - question

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by latterrain77, Jul 7, 2003.

1. latterrain77

latterrain77 New Member

Does anybody know anything about some myth of how Jesus supposedly once killed a man? Obviously, this is NOT in the Bible. I'm usually not interested in learning about heresies and false doctrines but someone presented this to me today and I didn't provide a potent answer to his question. Supposedly, this was something that the RC dealt with 700 years ago. Any history surrounding this heresy would be appreciated to. I thank you in advance for your kind replies. latterrain77

2. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

Latterain, the only place that I can find in the Bible where Jesus orders death is the following command:

Note that he did not personally kill anyone in this passage.

Of course there are many places where God causes death in the Bible, but I see none where Jesus himself did so.

The place probably being referenced is in the extracanonical Infancy Gospel of Thomas where the child Jesus causes a boy who has run into him to die, then blinds the dead boy's parents.
    This causes him to be chastised by Joseph.

3. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Hey, everybody, Colorado is ordering death!!! :eek:

Oh, I'm sorry, did I misquote you, and take you out of context. Jesus wasn't ordering death either. It was the man in the parable. Jesus WILL order death at the judgement. He has that right but, he didn't say that (as a command) in Luke 19:27

I like fictional stories but, not when they denegrate my Savior.

4. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

Artimaeus,

Fair criticism. I accept the correction. I was by no means trying to denegrate Jesus. See what a quick text search can do when trying to help someone out? ;)

CFB

[ July 07, 2003, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: ColoradoFB ]

5. latterrain77

latterrain77 New Member

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate your input. A few folks on the "other religions/doctrines" forum also were gracious in helping find some info. Thanks again. [​IMG] latterrain77