1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

help the helpdesk

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by James_Newman, Jun 17, 2006.

1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

How many times can a man hear "I can't get on the internet" before his head explodes?:eek:

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably at least one more since your eyes are only bulging :thumbs:

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Praise God, brother, your right. Whatever doesn't kill me only makes me stronger!

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Who said that??

They really should be throttled :tongue3:

5. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Well, I realize its not technically true, but it sounds good to the flesh...

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I know -- I've said it hundreds of times myself. It just hit me how good it sounds if you aren't in the midst of trouble, but if you are . . . who wants to be stronger!?!

I understand the helpdesk woes too. Sometimes, I think if I have to explain to the same person the same thing one more time, I'll either smack them or blow a gasket.

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

The thing that makes me the most irritated is when they decide that the best time to call the helpdesk is while they are eating. I don't know where I got it from, but I believe this is just plain rude. I don't do it to others, and I hate it when people do it to me. I usually have to hear someone smacking their lips together 4 or 5 times a day while they tell me their internet doesn't work. Please, if you ever call someone for help, put down the corn dog, people. I especially hate to hear them swallow something... gives me the shivers.

8. Mishelly

Mishelly New Member

I hear you, I used to work Call Centers and some of the things people do and or say is un believalbe :eek:

I used the mute key a lot :tongue3:

9. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hummmmmmm, maybe this thread relates to why when I call and ask a question, I get an answer to someone else's question that is totally unrelated to my question :laugh: you got bored and put yourself on a loop tape answering machine :tongue3:

I did an email series of questions and almost every answer was unrelated to my problem. Finally gave up. About three months later I got a questionaire about how they did :) I told them the fact that it took three months to ask should tell them something :thumbs:

10. preacher

preacher New Member

Well, I don't have to put up with it at work...only on here it seems...How would ya like to have a Squirrel tryin to help[ ya type??? She has learned that when I'm on the BB I type a-lot....so she wants to be on top of the wingback chair I use!
    Course that is only 3 or 4 hours instead of 8 or more......