1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heresy?: Calvinism or Arminianism

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by OldRegular, Jul 7, 2005.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

humm

Any one that disagrees with wes...does not have the truth?

now how lofty is that?
    ok...now i got it

:rolleyes:
    </font>[/QUOTE]At least he didn't say: Too bad you cannot recognize truth when we present it to you. Be thankful for small blessings.
    :D

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Just another false accusation Jarthur001, just another false accusation!

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

4. here now

here now Member

Hilarious! [​IMG]

Sorry Wes.

I couldn't resist.

(BAD BAD BAD, ME!) There I scolded myself :D

5. here now

here now Member

OldRegular says:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does anyone on this Forum really know what Wes believes, including Wes?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wes, Outwest says:
    If they don't, its not Wes' fault! its your own! Wes has repeatedly posted his beliefs whereas few of you have!

So Wes, your saying if we don't know what you believe it's Old Regular's fault?

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Ya cain't get away with shifting the blame from yourself to OldRegular, he has enough of his own.

7. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Hilarious! [​IMG]

Sorry Wes.

I couldn't resist.

</font>[/QUOTE]Well thanks guys,
    In doing a little research I found that a Golem CANNOT MAKE ITSELF, it requires "Golem makers" who shape earth into the basic form of human, then do this silly dance around it uttering all kinds of gibberish, and finally calling out the "secret name of God, in order to bring the Golem to life! Sounds just like what you do!

Then once the Golem lives, in order to kill it, those same "Golem makers" reverse their direction and recite the gibberish that brought the Golem to life backwards.

Doggon if that doesn't describe exactly what you do to every one who opposes Calvinism.

I'm truely amazed that you think so little of yourselfs as to attempt to make man out of clay. You'd think a Calvinist would never conceive of doing such a thing. But darned if you don't do that. Amazing!!

8. LaymansTermsPlease

Woah there everybody.... [​IMG] Impartial Tolkien fan and admitted geek here steps in for a second....

I feel it my duty as a Tolkien fan to point out that Golem as it was used here was a butchered spelling of "Gollum" ('my precious' reference) was the giveaway.

As it was incorrectly spelled, Wes, you missed the glorious Tolkien reference about where the pitiful creature Gollum clings to his life-consuming obsession of the Ring that reduces him to sub-human status (course he was hobbit-like to begin with).

So in fact they weren't comparing you to the Golem... wretched non-human monstrous construct from Jewish pagan mythology made so famous in Dungeons and Dragons, but rather they were drawing a parallel between Gollum's Ring obsession that he clung to despite all reason and what in their opinion is your clinging to an obsession with what they term eisegesis rather than exegesis.

Hey, we should at least make sure all the sarcastic cutting remarks aren't misunderstood ;)

I bring you... clarity..., and no opinion of my own on the sarcasm [​IMG]

Hilarious! [​IMG]

Sorry Wes.

I couldn't resist.

</font>[/QUOTE]Well thanks guys,
    In doing a little research I found that a Golem CANNOT MAKE ITSELF.......
    </font>[/QUOTE]

9. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Since I don't go to movies, and spend precious little time reading novels, and have not made a study of paganism, I would have missed it regardless of its meaning. so I used the trusty internet did a search on the word given and low and behold you have the results another opportunity for me to whack at calvinists with the full understanding that they will whack back!

10. here now

here now Member

I was actually talked into going to see the first Lord of the Rings movie. And then as the others came out I saw them also. Before that I had no clue as to who Gollum was, but I have grown quite fond of the little guy.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  12. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lord of the Rings had a better box office take than Lord of the Universe(The Passion)--the Lamb of God,on opening weekend--an interesting disparity.

Selah,

Bro. James