1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heresy of the Word of faith Movement!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Recently saw Kenneth Copeland state that Jesus was a reborn again man, just as we now are, and how can that not be Heresy 101?

2. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because he is preaching to Bible illiterate morons who couldn't theologize their boogars out of their nose.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    John Timothy, does <<Sturzian textual critic>> mean you're an Aussie -- you know, from down under who went in yonder?

And what do you think, The Gospel perhaps is not a way to keep the wrong people out? If it is a way to get people to God…?

Have a nice day

4. Getting it Right

Site Supporter

Yeah, Kenneth & a bunch of others range from heretics to blasphemers. It is a shame and disgrace that those like him are leading crusades into Africa and Great Britain, where folks don't have a clue about the Spiritual interpretation and application of the Gospel, and Kenneth is one of those the Pope is seeking to form an alliance with. Two wrongs don't make a right.

:tear:

#4 Getting it Right, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  5. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't see any evidence of an 'alliance'. The pope met with some of these characters but from what I have read the pope gave the message and they listened. The pope never said he agreed with anything they are preaching. Certainly not the health & wealth message. From his humble shoes to his simple Fiat, Francis has set a decidedly un-extravagant example.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

THE HERESY OF THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT

The following heretical teachings of this Word of Faith Movement are summarized in the Kingdom of the Cults, revised, page 497ff. Below are sixteen heretical statements that define this heresy and demonstrate the importance of adhering to the truth as revealed in Scripture.

1. God is a being who stands approximately six feet tall, weighs some two hundred pounds, and looks exactly like a man.

2. Faith is the literal substance that God used to create the universe, and He transported that faith with His words. Here, essentially, is what God did. God filled His words with faith. He used His words as containers to hold His faith and contain that spiritual force and transport it out there into the vast darkness by saying, ‘light, be’! That's the way God transported His faith causing creation and transformation. The way that He created the world was that, first of all, he conceived something on the inside of Him. He conceived, He had an image, He had a picture.

3. All things, including God, are subject to this ‘force of faith’ because it works according to spiritual ‘laws’ of the universe. There are laws of the world of the spirit.... The spiritual world and its laws are more powerful than the physical world .... The world and the physical forces governing it were created by the power of faith--a spiritual force. ..... It is this force of faith which makes the laws of the spirit world function. The force of faith is released by words. Faith-filled words put the law of the Spirit of life into operation.
    But Scripture teaches:

4. The greatest thing God conceived of and created was an exact duplicate of himself. This duplicate god--named Adam-was God manifested in the flesh.

5. God eventually went to Adam, who was anatomically male and female, and separated the female part from the male part to make a womb-man (woman). Adam named this ‘man with a womb’ Eve. She, like Adam, was a god.

6. The Fall caused Adam and Eve's divine natures to be replaced with Satan’s nature. They also lost their rights of rulership to planet earth. Even God was barred from having full access to earth because Adam and Eve were under His lordship when they ‘fell’. Through their disobedience Satan became the god of this world.

7. God formulated a scheme to take back the earth, but in order to execute His plan He had to find a human who would invite Him (give Him permission) to work within the earthly realm. Finally, God got to a point where He had His plan ready for operation. And He saw a man named Abraham. In return for allowing God to bring the Messiah through his lineage, Abraham received unlimited health and wealth.

8. For centuries God visualized Jesus. Then, when it was finally time for the Messiah to come forth, God spoke him into existence through faith in the same way that He had visualized and spoken into existence everything else. Bringing forth Jesus, however, was also dependent upon whether or not Mary would lend her faith to help form the body of the Lord out of the literal ‘Word’ (confession).

9. While on earth Jesus was wealthy. He lived in a big house, had a great deal of money, and wore the finest clothes.

10. Although Jesus declared that he walked with God and that God was in Him, he never actually claimed to be God. In fact, during his three years of public ministry Jesus did not stand in a class by himself.... He was ministering on earth as a human being -- a prophet anointed with the Holy Spirit. Jesus remained sinless so He could redeem men from their Satanic natures.

11. In order to redeem humanity, Jesus had to die spiritually as well as physically. When He died spiritually, he died in the same way that Adam died. In other words, He lost His divine nature and was given the nature of Satan. Jesus’ death on the cross and His shed blood did not atone for our sins. The atonement took place in hell through the devil's torturing of Jesus’ spirit for three days and three nights. Unfortunately for Satan, Jesus was taken to hell ‘illegally’ because He had never sinned. This ‘technicality’ enabled God to use His ‘force of faith’ to revive Jesus’ spirit, restore Jesus’ divine nature, and resurrect Jesus’ body. Through the resurrection process Jesus was ‘born again’.

12. When a person is born again they experience exactly what happened to Jesus. Their satanic nature is replaced by God’s divine nature. The transformation is so identical to Jesus’ transformation that Christians become little gods (small “g”) and are as much an incarnation of God as was Jesus.

13. Because Christians are ‘little gods’, they now have access to the ‘God- kind of faith’, which can be used to get virtually anything they want. Christians, rather than God, have authority in the earth over Satan and sickness and disease. Consequently, believers should never pray God’s will be done.

14. To obtain specific desires, Christians must do three things: (1) loose the power of the “force of faith” by speaking or positively confessing whatever is wanted (e.g., ‘I am healed’, ‘I am not sick’, etc.); (2) believe that whatever has been confessed will definitely be received; and (3) ignore or look beyond the visible reality (i.e, remaining sickness, low finances, etc.) and continue claiming what has been confessed.

15. Everything bad, including poverty and sickness, comes from Satan. God’s people should have a completely blessed life. A Christian not experiencing such a life is either: (1) in sin; or (2) lacking enough faith to bring about what is desired.

16. The power of audible confession is so great that sometimes a person can unknowingly bring tragedy upon themselves by making negative confessions. For example, a woman who is mugged may have actually caused that mugging if at any time prior to the experience she made comments like, ‘I live in such a dangerous part of the city that I'm afraid I’ll be mugged’. The woman should have been saying, ‘I will not be mugged’. Similarly, someone who jokingly says ‘I feel like I'm going crazy’ may actually become insane.

The above 16 points show how the Word of Faith teachers have corrupted the truth contained in the Word of God into gross heresy. They are not only heretics they are liars and blasphemers! I believe that those people like Joseph Smith of the Mormonsm, Charles Taze Russell of the Jehovah's Witnesses, Mary Baker Eddy of Christian Science, the popes and the teaching magisterium of Roman Catholicism, and all those who founded the Word of Faith movement deliberately corrupt the Word of God for their evil purposes.

I did not include Ellen White and the SDA in the above because, though I believe that they are incorrect about the Sabbath {there are Seventh Day Baptists}, the only thing I consider heretical about that movement is the "investigative Judgment". But again there may be other heretical teachings in that movement of which I am unaware!

#6 OldRegular, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  7. Getting it Right

Site Supporter

In any event, they are grievously deceived, along with the distortion of Catholicism.

:tear::tear::tear::tear:

8. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

That list of 16 points is simply disgusting. That people actually buy into that sort of nonsense is stunning.

Ellen White's "prophetic" writings are considered as equally authoritative as the Bible in SDA theology, from what I can tell. I would call that a heretical teaching.

9. OldRegular

They are thoroughly disgusting and blasphemous. You want to get sick to your stomach listen to Kenneth Copeland describe Jesus Christ sometime. But then consider that each time the Roman Catholics observe Mass they are sacrificing Jesus Christ again. They will deny this but it is a fact!

You are correct! I had posted this heretical statement earlier but forgot about it!

Actually the SDA have done the same thing as several of the cults I mentioned, including Roman Catholicism. They have added to the revealed Word of God.

#9 OldRegular, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  10. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Hey goats have a need to be entertained and tickled in the ears, might as well be Copeland. We think how sad these people are who listen to heresy. That is what they want. It is people like that who raise up for themselves such preachers.

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SDA see themselves as being the true remnant Church of God, they see their prophetess as having additional revelations, they mix law with Gospel, so how they not be seen as being another Cult, akin to Mormons and JW?

12. OldRegular

You need to reread the response to Preach Tony again!