1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heresy

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Which is quite odd that you would name it that.

Why not call it the...

• AW Tozer Heresy
    • Watchman Nee Heresy
    • GH Lang Heresy
    • Joseph Dillow Heresy
    • Ray E Baughman Heresy
    • Robert Govett Heresy
    • Philip Mauro Heresy
    • GH Pember Heresy
    • Arthur W Pink Heresy
    • etc. etc. etc.

...why focus on Joey Faust?

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Oh yea, I can tell the difference, are you sure you are not one who would be listed as false doctrine. I don't know but I do know that we almost all differ on doctrine at some point, Does that mean then we get blacklisted. I think it should be left up to the owners of the board. The BB don't belong to me or you.

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I guess npetreley can't see me now but for those who can....Please note that npetreley's accusation that Kingdom Accountability folks believe that Christians will spend time in the Lake of Fire is either intended to be a malicious lie or just shows how little he pays attention when we dialogue about such matters.

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

So what DO you believe?

5. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Be strong Dale-c. These are the ploys they use to sucker you back into communication. Once they have your attention they continue with their false assertions.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It does not scare me to debate any of them. The Lord said:

1Cr 15:58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

If the members are going to blacklist all they do not agree with or are afraid to debate, this board will go down the tubes. I think it is a dangereous thing to start.

I don't like it and if I ever become blacklisted, I would like the courtesy of being told so I can politely leave.

I am into it with those you listed many times, but am I going to shun them. NO!

Maybe you should take a good look at yourself Cutter! I am sure you have a mirror at home. Man, I hate selfrighteousness.

#46 Brother Bob, Aug 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2007
  7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

With all the shunning going on, I almost thought I had wandered on to a Jehovah's Witnesses board. I have never felt compelled to put anyone on ignore, as I figure I can see what others think without it impacting me, unless perhaps I could be wrong. Sadly, it looks like this board may be approaching a self-destruct mode. It would be hard to have debate sections if the debate was "Yeah, I agree". "Me too!". This is the problem with declaring "heresy". It places certain things off limits from even discussing their merits or lack thereof.

And if someone is truly errant, why not share with them rather than shunning?

Just my two cents worth, adjusted for inflation.

8. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Well, let's see if this IS a different Gospel.

A fasle gospel. One that relies, even in part on ones own merit is a fasle gospel. It is heresy.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

Agreed.

Enough with the "heretic" labels and name calling, already.

10. Magnetic Poles

Cutter, in your short time here, I have watched you sow discord like none before you. In just 167 posts, you have instigated a lot of trouble. No, it isn't all you, but with this thread, the women's role thread, and others, you make and turn on your allies like you are playing a game of "Risk".

If anyone should be shunned, it should be those who sow discord among the brethren. Now, I don't put anyone on ignore, but you sir have come close to being the first. A lot of this must have been seething below the surface for it to come out like this, but in all my years on the net, I have never seen a noob come to a board and create such turmoil.

11. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I agree to a point and I haven't actually ignored anyone yet.
    that said, there are many whom I respectfully disagree with.
    These ME folks I do not respect.

12. Cutter

Cutter New Member

How many times does the Bible say we are to admonish a heretic, Bob and MP.
    Refresh yourself by reading the OP.
    If you think it's harmless, by all means do what you want to do. The Bible is explicit on the subject so I believe Christians are better served by following it. That's why I started the thread. There are many things that are debated and discussed on this site that are not involving false doctrine. We can discuss those, but to continue to debate the ME's is akin to :BangHead:

13. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

If I recall all of the ME folks have been admonished and they do not listen.
    Only God can open their eyes and we have done what we can.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I totally disagree with the ME doctrine, and it is obviously unBiblical.

Cutter, that has nothing to do with the fact that most if not all of your posts seem to have one purpose, to cause name calling, meaness, and careless back and forth. I hesitate to call you a troll, but it would not surprise me. Your tactics go way beyond debate, and your time here does not warrant the discord you have created.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Cutter, I think you need to get off your high horse.
    I will not ride it with you! Who made you the decider of who is allowed on this board. Makes me sick to my stomach. :BangHead:

16. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

For an interesting comparison...
    Are we all heretics?

92.31% of the folks in that poll said "Yes, everyone, due to a sin nature will have some error." Thus, we collectively admit that there are none that are error free.

However, the doctrine that seems to get so many folks undergarments in a knot is the one that says that God will chastise unfaithful servants and that Christians are accountable for their actions and works and they are accountable for their sanctification (none of which can be accomplished without Christ working in them). Those that are opposed to this doctrine think that Christ is going to say "Well done, good and faithful servant" by default because Christians washed themselves in the blood of the Lamb? Well that's just bogus for the servant had nothing to do with the work of Christ. It was a gift of God and the Christian accepted that gift, praise God. However, Christ did that and that's His work. Now that you're saved Christian, you need to get off your posterior and serve Him and suffer for Him and run the race as though your entering into and very position in the Kingdom depended on it, because...it does.

There are profitable servants and there are unprofitable servants. It's the profitable servants that do who will hear the sweet honey of "Well done, good and faithful servant" and it's the unprofitable servant that will be cast into outer darkness.

"For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 25:29-30

Finally, I am extremely disappointed in the aspect of Christian betrayal that has been exhibited on this board of late. We have one Christian admitting that he would snitch on a missionary brother who made him mad and give him over to antichrist authorities, we have others suggesting that child protective services should be called on Christians because they don't like how those Christians are running their house and now folks that I have fought alongside on other doctrines are going to shun me and the others because we believe in this doctrine? Ya'll think you're doing God service and yet you're too emotive to pause and really consider the whole counsel of God. Shame on this thread.

17. Magnetic Poles

Reaping what we sow, are we?

18. Magnetic Poles

AMEN, Brother Bob!!

[​IMG]

19. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

Is there any well known teachers today who preach this doctrine? As in any preachers will large ministries, or is this a somewhat obscure teaching?

I think Mark Byers from kingdom living teaches this.

20. rbell

rbell Active Member

rbell once enjoyed the Judy Garland movie, "Strike up the banned!"

wait...did I spell that right?

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.