1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hey America...tell me what has happened to bring you down?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 9, 2019.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just turned 73, and in my years I have unfortunately and sadly watched what was once a very beautiful nation slowly but surely morph into an UGLY, hateful place to life. Especially in the world of politics. There was a time, that regardless of who the POTUS may be, elected leaders and citizens went out of their way to demonstrate to the man in the White House the courtesy dddue him, even if he was, we in short, an ass!"

Today, it is world that does its best to be mean, disrespectful and downright hateful to the man elected as POTUS, and it is so sad to see this ugliness have such a death grip around the hearts of so many once loving, tolerant Americans. I don't know what has caused such change, but it is interesting to be able to look back as a 73-year-old young man and pin point all the gradual changes in society that has resulted in a nation of openly, hostile individuals that are so anger that their party, and their man or woman didn't win the right to occupy the White House for four years turn into nay-saying, insult tossing, and down-right angry individuals that plot to rid the WH of the duly elected POTUS before the next election period comes to be!
    because the future of this great Americaan
    What in the world has happened to America, America? Please try to give me a civil, non-judgemental, insult laced explanation; along with an answer to this one question: CAN AMERICA EVER GET BACK TO THE DAY OF NORMAN ROCKWELL VIEWS OF AMERICANS AND AMERICAN FAMILIES???

Let me give my country a thought on what I believe she needs if she does not want to end up like the Roman Empire...I firmly believe that nothing short of a NATION-WIDE Revival is needed, and the sooner the better. HOWEVER, i fear America has atheistic and just plain non-believing that there may not be an adequate number of leaders sold out to Jesus and the Kingdom of Heaven to make a dent in a nation-wide revival!

Thanks for giving this old Baptist preacher a moment to reflect and share what he sees as legitimate concerns for the greatest experiment in nation building to ever work it's plan on American soil...

Still, I wonder what most America's would feel and believe regarding your straightforward rebuke? So, give me your views as to the above critique, and if you believe this grand old lady and experiment we call America can actually gain back its once great stature of patriotic pride and greatness?

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The main prob is a GREAT FALLING AWAY from Christianity, as Scripture prophesied as the time of the coming of the "beast", the great trib, & Jesus' return draws closer.

The New-Age-Liberals have gained too much power. "Politically-correct" is the new normal for many. Open acceptance of LBGTQ is another bad trait.

Now, whether this great falling away can be reversed, or whether it's "THE" GFA, I dunno.