1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hey KJVOs a question for you.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by 4His_glory, Mar 11, 2005.

1. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

That IS my point! There IS no list of the exact MSS and sources they used, therefore; the claims of the NKJV are false!
    Here I stand. Unless and until modern "scholars" can produce such a list, they will not be able to produce an "updated" KJV for today. I really don't care what the translators of the NKJV, the KJV2000 or any other team of self proclaimed scholars say. Unless and until they can produce the "list" they cannot honestly "update" the KJV.

In HIS service;
    Jim

In HIS service;
    Jim

2. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

There IS no list of the exact MSS and sources they used, therefore; the claims of the NKJV are false!

If there is no list, you have no basis for your accusation, and you are blowing smoke.

3. here now

here now Member

AV1611JIM says:
    I could go on. It is evident I am passionate about THAT BOOK. I was saved by the words of its pages cutting right to my heart. I shall ever defend it as the perfect Book of God. I may not be able to convince "scholars" of it. But I don't have to. All God asks of me is to take its words and preach them, He has promised to do the rest. He has in the past, He does to this day, and He will forevermore!

I say:
    AMEN, Brother

Sincerely,
    Here Now

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

On the contrary. If there is no list then the NKJV and all other attempts to "update" the KJV are foisting a fraud on people.
    We WILL go round and round on this brother.
    In the Spirit of Christ, let's leave it at that.

In HIS service;
    Jim

5. natters

natters New Member

I don't think the KJV was a fraud foisted on the people, just because it was an "update" of the Bishops'.

6. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot produce a list of exact sources used that proves the NKJV is not based on the same sources. Based on the general comments about their sources stated by the KJV translators themselves in their preface, the NKJV can honestly claim to be based on their same sources.

If the KJV translators used some imagined "unknown" source, they did not name it and thus you cannot prove that they used it or any other source that was not also available to the NKJV translators.

7. manchester

manchester New Member

As this thread so clearly demonstrates, the KJVOs (4 and 5) should not be reasoned with or accomodated. They should be shouted down and howled out. Either that or we need much more discussion about whether the earth is flat.

8. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

av1611jim said:

If there is no list then the NKJV and all other attempts to "update" the KJV are foisting a fraud on people.

If there is no list you have no way of knowing whether any fraud occurred at all. You are arguing from silence, and therefore are blowing smoke.

It does you no good to keep screeching "IS NOT!" every time I point out this simple fact of logic. Get over it, and move on.

9. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AV1611Jim: I could go on. It is evident I am passionate about THAT BOOK.

No prob, long as you grasp the fact that the KJV isn't all there is.

I was saved by the words of its pages cutting right to my heart.

So was I...Slightly different, MODERN words, from another version...but still the words of GOD, nonetheless.

I shall ever defend it as the perfect Book of God.

Thgen you shall ever be making a false defense. Some of the booboos in the KJV have been PROVEN right here on this board. The KJV is no more perfect than is any other valid version.

I may not be able to convince "scholars" of it. But I don't have to.

I'm no scholar...but you won't be able to convince me a lie is truth, either. I KNOW the origins of the KJVO myth, and YOU should, by now. We ask for SCRIPTURE te remove KJVO from "myth" status, and receive no answers. We PROVE some of the goofs in the KJV and receive only guesswork and imaginatory answers. KJVO IS A MAN-MADE FALSE DOCTRINE.

All God asks of me is to take its words and preach them, He has promised to do the rest. He has in the past, He does to this day, and He will forevermore!

And that's what He asks of any Christian, regardless of which Bible version(s) he/she uses. He has no special office for KJVOs.

10. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Manchester: As this thread so clearly demonstrates, the KJVOs (4 and 5) should not be reasoned with or accomodated. They should be shouted down and howled out. Either that or we need much more discussion about whether the earth is flat.

Actually, Manchester, all we need do is prove them wrong. I've been doing this for years now, and I've learned to not get down to the level of the Ruckies or other KJVO extremists. I may get a little caustic sometimes over their stupidity, but I try to assume each one is a BROTHER/SISTER IN CHRIST, & try to treat them accordingly.

I'm not so concerned with trying to "convert" a KJVO into dropping their myth as I am in proving them wrong with hard evidence, as opposed to their imagination & guesswork...for the benefit of new Christians, lurkers, & other non-participants, to allow them to see KJVO is a TRUE LIE.

As the responses in this thread show, the full-fledged KJVO is NOT interested in any modern update of the KJV, and that most of'em who have "AV 1611" in their handles are telling a big one right off the bat because they consistently quote Scriptures from LATER EDITIONS.

11. manchester

manchester New Member

Okay, fair enough. There may be some hidden fruit out there.