1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MichaelNZ, Aug 11, 2012.

1. MichaelNZ

MichaelNZ New Member

Hi, my name is Michael and I'm currently living in Dunedin, New Zealand. I have recently gotten involved with a local Baptist church. Previously I attended an Anglican church and loved the beautiful liturgy, the incense, singing and all. However, the Anglican church is very liberal and I find that I disagree with many of their views. Anglican churches here have women priests, and I think they also accept homosexuals. The belief statement of the Anglican church just round the road from me says that they do not view the Bible as literalists and accept the Christian religion "without rejecting the others".

I've found in the Baptist church I've gotten involved with a great group of people who are committed to the Lord and believe what the Bible says. I'm still not 100% sure on some Baptist doctrines such as believers' baptism and insistence of baptism by immersion.

I guess my perfect church would be a liturgical Baptist/Evangelical church with pipe organ, choir, altar, incense and ceremonies like the Anglican church, but with traditional Biblically sound beliefs on things like the six days of Creation.

Please keep me in your prayers.

2. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

Welcome to the Board! Glad to have you here with us!:love2:

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board, Michael.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the Board!

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I think all of us have gone through a period where we re-examined what we had been taught or come to believe. It can be painful, but it also can be liberating.
    Welcome.