1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Johnf, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Johnf

Johnf Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My name is John. I grew up in a cult in the 70's called "The World Wide Church of God" under H.W. Armstrong. Short story: The premise of the church was that parts of the bible were in error and we didn't study those, basically from John-Jude was ignored. While I was in college, I came to the realization that if God could create all existence with a simple thought then certainly he could guide a man's hand when writing the scriptures. After many biblical discussions with my girlfriend at the time, who I did not marry, I was saved Aug. 19, 1990. I've since then poured myself into scripture and into studying various religions especially cults, who are 90-95% truth. They'll get you into heaven like a 99% waterproof boot will keep your foot dry.

Hope to learn more on here. If you are a pastor, please see my thread in the pastor forum. That's really why I joined this forum.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome, and I look forward to your perspective.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi. Welcome. Lets begin learning now. The only thing that will get you into heaven is if Christ died in your stead.