1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured High Crimes and Misdemeanors

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Feb 10, 2014.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Continued from previous post!

Higher but it also reached all time highs under Clinton and Bush only to crash. When the Fed quits printing money the market will likely crash again.

Actually the workforce participation rate is the lowest since 1979.

Actually because of Obama all the military killed and wounded in Iraq was all for naught! The Al Queda is alive and well not only in Iraq but Pakistan and much of North Africa.

Actually the bailout occurred under the big O.
    Chrysler wound up owned by Fiat, an Italian Co. And then there is GM:

The question makes no sense.

Your relatives are to be commended but the big O will likely render all that sacrifice worthless as he did in Iraq.

At the 1980 convention the Republican Party adopted a pro-life plank in their platform. It is still there and stronger.

That same year the democrat party at their convention adopted a pro kill the unborn child plank. It is still there and in 2012 they spent part of one night celebrating the continued slaughter.

I could present some Scripture showing you that you are wrong but I suspect it would be fruitless.

Very commendable!

Consider the passage you reference from Hebrews:

Hebrews 13:17. Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

I believe taken in context the passage is talking about a spiritual leader, a pastor, an elder, bishop, depending on your denomination, not a political leader.

Surely you do not believe Obama is concerned about my soul. I see no evidence he is concerned about his own. I do not believe a Christian can continue to advocate abortion!

Consider the passage from Peter:

1 Peter 3:14-17
    14. But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
    15. But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
    16. Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
    17. For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

Sorry but I see nothing that condemns criticizing dictators. Now you might find something in the writings of the Apostle Paul but as Peter says Paul is sometimes hard to understand. Furthermore, there is nothing in either passage about respecting thise who disagree with us.

Now if you are asking for a reason of the hope that is within me that is a different thing. Or is this a clever way you have of questioning my salvation. That is a No No you know!

#21 OldRegular, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
  2. OldRegular

Obama is simply a lawless president. It is not only conservative Constitutional Scholars who are saying so but Liberal ones also!

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hate to break this to an over- reaching Obama administration...

Employers are free to discharge or layoff employees for whatever reason they deem ncessary, Obamacare included.

In particular, the IRS has no jurisdiction on the matter.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No , he's not. But there are plenty of signs that he would like to be. And some of his actions have certainly been dictatorial.

So far, a cowardly congress has shown no inclination to curb his lawlessness. All they do is complain about it.

5. OldRegular

I would say that once upon a time employers were free to whatever.

Actually that is not true in all states, employers must show cause. In "right to work states" employers were free to whatever. It appears that is no longer the case. The IRS is apparently gone rogue under Obama and has done as it pleased. I would ask; has anyone been held accountable for the IRS abuse of those Conservative groups seeking to receive tax exempt status for their organization. Has anyone been held accountable for the 12 visits from Federal agencies to a Texas couple who applied for tax exempt status for their "Free the Vote" group: 6 from the FBI 2 audits of their business, 2 personal audits, a visit from OSHA and one from the ATF. The answer is NO!

Truth is the IRS is essentially free to do as it chooses!

You doubters might watch the following link. You can skip the commercial!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/31874557...or-in-firings/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips

#25 OldRegular, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
  6. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting. It's those who reject providing health care for the needy who are committing murder. You've got it backwards.

7. OldRegular

The needy get health care simply by visiting the nearest Emergency Room. Obama is a serial killer, first the unborn and now with drones!

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

In case you haven't hard, it has been illegal for the last 40 years for anyone to be turned away from emergency room assistance. Your mantra that the poor are denied healthcare is another Great Pretender lie.

Several years ago, a Nigerian government official visited Kansas City. She was a visiting all the major U.S. cities that had sister cities in her country. She was given the grand greeting, speeches, dinners, etc., but she took then-Mayor Emanual Cleaver (now a Congressman from Missouri's 5th District) aside and asked if she could see the "poor of Kansas City." Cleaver tried to diplomatically object, but she was adamant. So they took a tour of KC's near East Side, home of the gangs, the welfare moms and the poor.

When they finished, he asked if she had seen what she wanted to see. She answered with a question: "Where are your poor?" Cleaver stammered, saying, "Well, you just saw them." She said, "Who's cars were those in their driveways?" He said they were theirs. She asked, "Who purchased the coats for the children playing in their yards?" He said some may have come from donations, but most probably were purchased by their parents, either at discount stores or thrift stores. She asked, "Who puts food on their tables?" He said they did, either by work or by food stamps. She said, "I see. Well, I ask again then, 'May I see the poor of Kansas City?' because you haven't shown them to me."

Her point: Compared to third-world countries, this nation has no poor.

#28 thisnumbersdisconnected, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Killfile +1

10. OldRegular

Point well made. Actually the so-called poor live much better than most folks prior to WWII.

11. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ridiculous. Bush, Cheney and Rumsfield should have been tried for crimes against humanity for torturing prisoners of war and Bush should have been impeached for lying about "weapons of mass destruction" to get the country to accept the attack and occupation of Iraq. What a meaningless war which cost us dearly.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see our resident DNC operative is back.

13. OldRegular

Obama is simply a lawless president. It is not only conservative Constitutional Scholars who are saying so but Liberal ones also! Furthermore, Obama is a lying empty suit wasting taxpayer money and leaving an insane "carbon footprint" flying around in the big plane to be used by the President.

14. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Visiting emergency rooms is not cost effective. It's that practice which puts the U.S. at the BOTTOM of industrialized nations in terms of health care delivery. Why do you want these poor people to die?

15. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see you have nothing to contribute as usual.

16. OldRegular

Under Obamacare more people are visiting the emergency rooms. I don't want anyone to die until God decides but Obama has no problem with killing unborn children and then there are this collateral deaths from drone strikes!

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bub I have been on this board a long time. I have contributed more to this board than you ever will. Instead of just responding out of emotion and propaganda maybe you should think things through a bit more first.