1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hillary and Obama want Partial-Birth Abortion Back

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by leesw, Jul 18, 2007.

1. leesw

leesw Member

President Bush signed the ban into law and the Supreme Court ruled it as constitutionally sound, but at a July 17th conference of abortion advocates, presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Barak Hussein Obama said that partial-birth abortion should be UNbanned and that Bush violated "women's rights" with his decision.

This will put them (Barak and Hillary) in stricking conflict with most Americans. According to a recent poll, nearly 82 percent of Americans believe that partial-birth abortion should not be legal because the baby is developed to the degree that he/she must be partially delivered and then an abortionist stabs the baby in the head and vacuums out his/her brains. Even people who believe that early pregnancy abortion procedures are acceptable seem to be appauled at partial-birth abortion--but not Hillary and Barak.

=======================
    Obama, Hillary Slam Court on Abortion Ruliing
    July 17 - Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama criticized recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions as hypocritical and inconsistent on Tuesday, saying a ruling upholding a late-term abortion ban was part of a concerted effort to roll back women's rights.
    Obama and Democratic White House rival Hillary Clinton, making separate appearances at a conference of abortion rights activists, pointed with pride to their Senate votes against the confirmation of Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito.
    The two leading Democrats in the 2008 presidential race courted women activists at the conference and said President George W. Bush was taking direct aim at overturning the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling legalizing abortion.
    Full Story
    =======================

Something I've noticed about some people who vote for Democrats is that they believe one way until a Democrat candidate happens to believe another. Then, I suppose in order to justify their vote, they attempt to change their view on that issue. It's like they just want their team to win. I wonder if this fact, that even I wasn't expecting, will shock them into the reality of how serious their vote is. Are they willing, just so that their team can win, to put someone in the White House who thinks that this gruesome butchering should be allowed? That's not even in the mainstream of the Democrat party. It's an extreme position that is just shocking.