1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hillary and Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Mar 25, 2008.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is getting good! The democrats are in serious trouble with these two.

This could be the beggining of the end for this party. How are they ever going to sort this one out.

Hillary and Obama are really going at each other and McCain is just laying low letting them do the selfdestructing.

It is going to be a broken convention and this means a broken party.

God Bless! :thumbs:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, we saw how that worked out in MLB last postseason when the Red Sox had to scratch and claw their way to the American League pennant while the Rockies steamrolled to the National League pennant and were well rested for the World Series and then got wiped out by the Red Sox. :)

Besides, the economy will probably be in even more horrible shape by autumn(unfortunately) than it is already and Senator McCain has already admitted that economics is a weak spot for him.

Even Rasmussen, who usually has the most favorable polls for Republicans, shows the Democrats leading in the Electoral College even without having settled on a nominee yet, which will help once the race is settled:

http://tinyurl.com/2zx5mc

Also, the Democrats are set up for huge gains in the House and Senate regardless of what goes on in the presidential race.

God bless! :)

#2 KenH, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2008
  3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

This is not going to be the end of the Democratic Party. But given that neither Obama or Clinton is beating McCain right now, it's unbelievable to think that an election could be lost to one of the GOPs "pygmies". IF the Dems don't take this WH, they have no one to blame but themselves

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depends on which poll one is reading:

http://tinyurl.com/26khf3

Not that they mean anything 7.5 months before the general election.

#4 KenH, Mar 25, 2008
  5. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Economy? economy?

Please tell me how the Clintons made the economy thrive in the 90's and how bush tanked it in last 8 yeaRS?

Just what did each actually do to change the economy?

I keep asking this, but no lib can really give me an answer except to say that pMSNBC says its so??????

AJ

#5 ajg1959, Mar 25, 2008
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And they won't even try. Unless it is just some generalizations like "policies".

7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Really? How about these specifics on Bush:
    • Tax cuts coincident with a very expensive war
    • Spending hundreds of billions of money he didn't have to invade another country
    • Policies that allow megamergers to decrease competition
    • Rewards for companies who outsource jobs overseas
    Given, President's have limited influence over the economy, but Bush has used his to help line the pockets of his crooked CEO crowd (think Haliburton, Carlysle, etc.) His biggest damage to the economy is all his...the invasion and continuing occupation of Iraq.

8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You just don't get it, do you?

It doesn't matter why the economy is doing badly. In November the American people will blame the party in charge, which this time around, it the republicans.

9. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Sorry I was hoping that maybe you or someboby that hates Bush would actually explain it to me....not say "just because they are in charge"

My job is a very economy based job......I am a fitter/welder. At times the economy is doing well and there are plenty of jobs for everybody....and some times, like after 9/11 there was a slow period. Right now I have all the overtime I want...

Do I credit Bush with the surplus of overtime and jobs? Or is it just the natural evolution of our capitolist based economy?

I say its just a natural progression...not president induced

And from your response, I guess you agree with me.

The bottom line is this......MOST Dems vote for the person they think will put more money and benefits into their pockets.....regardless of the social reprecussions.

Even KenH (who I do respect on alot of his views) said that he never votes for a candidate based on thier social issues??????? What else is there?

Give up the social issues because you dont agree with a war, and I gaurantee you that more than just 4000 Americans wil suffer.

AJ