1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hillary Clinton and abortion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ajg1959, May 19, 2008.

1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I was looking into Hillary's religious beliefs to get some insight on her stance on abortion. She is United Methodist so I started looking up their stance on the issue.

I was amazed to find out that the Methodist Church started a pro choice organization right after the Roe v Wade ruling and to this day still supports the organization both morally and financially.

http://www.rcrc.org/issues/UMC_GenConf.cfm

www.umc.org

Its no wonder that Hillary and other professed christians support abortion when a major denomination like UMC supports and funds pro choice groups.

AJ

2. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I think that if my history serves me right, Susanna Wesley Came to a more solid faith through the preaching of her sons John and Charles. If only she could speak to the modern Methodist Church today. But then again the UMC just might kick her out.

I wonder, how many mothers have come to Christ under the message of their sons and daughters?

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I beg to differ. The UM did not start a pro choice group, they started a PRO ABORTION group.

See L.E.F.T.

5. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I stand corrected...and I agree with you, I was trying to say it gently but there really is no gentle way to describe abortion.

I am still amazed that they founded such a group....

AJ