1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hillary Clinton: U.S. House Run 'Like a Plantation'

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Enoch, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Fox News

I enjoy seeing her psychotic side; it helps define her to those who have been persuaded by her façade. [​IMG]

And for further entertainment Obama comes to the resuce. [​IMG]

Fox News

Defends Clinton's 'Plantation' Comments

And now words from someone with commonsense. [​IMG]

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Its all going to make great campaign fodder for the Republicans. Every time the Democrats open their mouth they dig their self into a deeper hole. Keep it up Hillary. You go Algore.

3. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

That is pure race mongering.

4. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Not the best way to describe her feelings about the House, but how is it race mongering? Beyond the imagery a plantation may bring up, her comment was not even about race. She does not even allude to race, nor does Obama.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "...and you know what I'm talking about,"

Emphasis on the "you". :rolleyes:

6. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

FP, you astound me.

7. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

It was said to a black audience, on MLK day. Just a note.

8. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Didn't know, as I don't particularly follow Clinton or her speeches. My comment was based entirely on what was specifically in the OP. Even so, the comment is not about race, it is about corruption within the House. You may consider it race mongering, I don't. Do you expect the Democrats to endorse the Republican majority? I don't. She may not have used the proper imagery, but black people are smart enough to discern what her comments are really about.

9. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

"...and you know what I'm talking about,"

Emphasis on the "you". :rolleyes:
    </font>[/QUOTE]Oh my she used "you". Stop the presses race mongering to follow! :eek: :rolleyes:

Her comment was not specifically about race, it was about corruption. Why is the "you" emphasized over anything else she said?

10. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

And why is that Bunyon? Is it because I don't think her comment about corruption has anything to do with race? I agree the imagery was not the best, but her comment does not even come close to what Bennet said, or even the NO mayor Nagin's "Chocolate City" remark.

11. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

FP, to tell a black audience on MLK day the rebuplicans are like plantation owners is as blatent an attempt at race mongering as I have ever heard.

In it just backs up my contention that the demos will use any tactic to keep blacks in the fold.

12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think...no, I know that if she really did say "the house is run like a plantation and you know what I am talking about"...and if she said it to a black audience on MLK day....

...then EVERYBODY knows she was making an outright accusation of alleged suppression of black interests in the house...

....and that's race mongering.

13. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Especially when you blatantly attempt to create images of evil overseers like Simon legree keeping the slaves in line with the whips on the old plantation.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This comment by Senator Clinton should cause some Democrats to look toward Mark Warner as their presidential nominee for 2008.

15. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Whatever, Bunyon. "Run like a plantation", is very different from saying "Republican leaders are like plantation owners". Like I said black people are intelligent enough to figure out what her comment was about.

BTW, please define "race mongering", as her comment was not about race.

16. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

...then EVERYBODY knows she was making an outright accusation of alleged suppression of black interests in the house...

Please...EVERYBODY does not KNOW that. Her comment was about corruption, regardless of who she was talking to. If anything she was making an accusation of suppression of DEMOCRATS interests, not BLACK interests.

17. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Like I said, it is an attempt to compare the republican controlled house to slave owners who are oppressive of blacks. I is as clear as day what she was doing to me. Don't you recall the plantation is where slaves were owned and operated and oppressed by rich white folks. No one uses these kind of allusions in everyday speech. When is the last time you or anyone you know used "like a plantation" to describe anything? It is clear what she was doing.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, FP, Senator Clinton was referring to Democrat interests. Still, it was a poorly worded statement by her. The Democrats jump on President Bush about some of his wording so the Republicans are doing the same to Senator Clinton. It's what the two major parties spend their time doing. Otherwise, they would have to spend their time on something substantive.

19. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

Filmproducer,

Normally I am on your side in these discussions, but I have to disagree with you here. Of course Hilaries comment had allusions to race. She was speaking to an all black audience, on MLK day, who cheered after she said it; and is it possible to say, 'plantation' and not have some raciel overtones. If she truly wanted to emphasis power consulation, and truly wanted to exclude race, "plantation" would be one of the worst descriptions, and I don't take Hilary as stupid.

She also made the comment that Blacks were left behind in the Katrina aftermath. So one way or another race was mentioned in the speech.

20. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

If an Israeli politician said, "the Gaza strip is now being run like a Nazi Concentration Camp", so you think that statement would just be about the poor management of nurseries and such? Or do you think it would be an attempt to say something about Arabs?