1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hillary's Military Offensive

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Dec 6, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

By Susannah Meadows
    Newsweek
    Dec. 12, 2005 issue - This summer, the Reserve Officers Association presented Sen. Hillary Clinton with its President's Award for her work on behalf of soldiers. On the morning of the ceremony, the event's organizers were a little nervous. While they were in the White House, the Clintons were never regarded warmly within the ranks or among the brass, and the First Lady was seen as especially hostile to the military. (There are still soldiers who swear by the myth that she banned uniforms at the White House.) It was rumored that some officers were planning to walk out of the award ceremony. As it turned out, the audience did stand up, but not to leave. When Clinton's name was announced, she received a standing ovation. "If you'd asked me three years ago, I would have been surprised," says Lt. Col. Lou Leto, the group's spokesman. "[But] she's one of our strongest advocates."

SOURCE

2. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Even if Hillary had hand picked these soldiers to guarantee a smooth proceeding of the award ceremony it surpises me that there wasn't some dissent. It wasn't that long ago that she appeared at a concert in New York to benifit the 911 victims, news clips had to be edited so that the boos from NYFD could not be heard.
    How times have changed.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's good to see she supports the troops, think she'll get them out of the employ of her globalist buddies and back to serving America if she becomes POTUS? Naw, not a chance.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hillary is a savvy politician... Do you really think she has stopped loathing the military? I personally doubt it.