1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hip-hop is...

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Rufus_1611, Aug 1, 2007.

?
  1. Psalms

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hymns

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Spiritual Songs

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. All of the above

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  5. None of the above

21 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Then what is the point? Your line of reasoning seems to be "y'all know it's wrong, because nature says so". That is what I said can be subjective. It shows that it is your conviction, not that it really is "nature". This is what I mean when I discuss the "Cycle" of this argument. When the "nature" argument doesn't work, then some other way of pejorating the style must be found.
    In our context, I'm talking about regenerated Christians. All of us will have the full conscience, but then your side will often just claim Christians who do not have your conviction on this issue are "blinded", and practically reprobate, as well. Basically, your side tends to want to dictate to all which music is good, without any true scriptural authority or universal convictions
    Then, your side may mention harmony once in awhile (to emiminate the styles such as jazz or soft rock, which do not have the heavy beat). With rap, it is almost pure rhythm that is the issue.
    And nobody's disputing Paul. But still, that does not prove which style is always bad or good. Any style can be used with wine, and a person can listen to any style and still engage in riotous living.

It's true that nobody knows exactly what these clothes were like, and it doesn't make sense to argue too much on it (It was only a passing comment I made at someone else's statement). If it was just skins (as God did not develop linens for them at that point), I don't think it would be anything like our clothes, or later Israelite and Muslim garb, all of which seemed to develop later.