1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hiring Outside Musicians

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TexasSky, Oct 11, 2005.

1. kubel

kubel New Member

I agree, Marcia.

2. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

(Johnv -

I think every church should have a handbell choir. I started with handbells when I was in Junior High school, and it has always brought me joy and new friends.)

(By the way - this quartet with the Satanist is not part of the Handbell Choir. It just came up to us because they were telling us the plans and as they listed where we would be in the program they mentioned hiring a quartet for later in the program. Someone asked where they were getting them, and when I heard the answer - I knew who they were hiring and so I ASKED. I asked if he meant her, and if he knew that she openly professed to worship Satan. He got very nervous, and started talking about how talented she is. Well, pish posh. I know a LOT of talented CHRISTIAN musicians.)

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

That turns my stomache. :(
    Of course there are plenty of talented Christian musicians!

4. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

There would bo no one left to minister.

Now, if you said "no lost person shound be allowed..." you'd make a little more sense. [​IMG]
    I'm clearly in good company [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]"Christians" who are sinners need to get saved.

[​IMG]

5. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

I don't understand the problem in hiring outside musicians at all. I think it's a great idea to do something out of the norm from time to time.
    God works in mysterious ways.

6. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

I can only answer as if I were the pastor of a church (which I am not, yet). I do not have a problem with "hiring" or "bringing in" outside musicians, BUT, I do have a problem with them not believing and living in a manner consistant with the beliefs of the church. I believe that anyone that ministers in the church should lead a life that is consistant with the doctrine that the church teaches.

I have travelled in the past as part of a singing ministry, and we went out of our way to live our lives in such a way that would be consistant with scripture. We only specifically travelled to churches of like faith and order. We had an occasional opportunity to minister in churches of different denominations but that was mainly on a Friday or Saturday night concert setting. We reserved our Sunday services for those BAPTIST churches that we could fellowship with.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I stated before that it is probably a good thing to not hire this person. I don't know if that post of mine was overlooked. But in many other cases, I think it can be permissible to hire an outside musician who is not necessarily a Christian.