1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Historic Baptist Views on the Second Coming

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by OldRegular, Nov 23, 2004.

1. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

OldRegular,

Correct! That what Abraham was looking for. Abraham was not looking for earthly city - Jerusalem, where it locates in Israel - Middle East as modern city. That old city is filled of chaos and troubles. Abraham was not looking forward for worldly city, he was looking forward for heavenly eternality holy city which is above is New Jerusalem. We we shall dwell with Christ there forever and ever.

OldRegular,

Well saying! [​IMG]

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

On the contrary;
    Every time the disciples asked Jesus about His Kingdom they were asking about a literal, visible, earthly, physical Kingdom which would have Christ as its King. They wanted to be there and a part of it. Put it in its historical context, (as you say) and you will realize their questions were motivated by two facts.
    1. The promises of God.
    2. The current political climate of the times. i.e. Roman oppresion.

Fairly simple actually.

In His service;
    Jim

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You are correct from a historical sense. However I believe that some dispensationalists, who tag the label Liberal on every one else, are making it a matter of fellowship.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I thought Pat Robertson was dispensational!