1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

History Lesson for the Press

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by North Carolina Tentmaker, Oct 20, 2010.

1. North Carolina Tentmaker

So yesterday in a speech for the Tea Party Express Sarah Palin said that we could not party like it was 1773 yet, because there was still a lot of work to do before the election. Regardless of your political or personal feelings for Palin it was an obvious reference to the Boston Tea Party event on December 13, 1773.

The tie between the modern Tea Party movement and the Boston event of 1773 makes a lot of sense beyond the name. Both were protests against government that was non-responsive and failed to represent the will of the governed.

Anyway, liberal bloggers went ballistic on Palin’s ignorance thinking she meant to say 1776. Some of the worst were on Perfunction and The Reaction. I can’t quote most of the comment s here because they contain vulgarity but the crowd of liberals who ridiculed Palin included Markos Moulitsas (Daily Kos) and PBS correspondent Gwen Ifill (moderator of Palin’s debate in 2008). Many liberals quickly realized that Palin was right and tried to correct it. My favorite headline came from Michelle Malkin who said
    I am not including any links except Michelle's due to their content, but feel free to wander the web on this one. Oh, I know, there will be an idiot conservative say something stupid later today so I won’t gloat too much about this. That reminds me, where is Christine O’Donnell speaking today?