1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hitler and Drugs

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Adonia, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I saw a show last night in the American Heroes Channel which told the story that Der Fuhrer was a meth addict. He was being given the drug (among others) intravenously by his physician Dr. Morrell. It's no wonder Hitler was giving the stupidest orders to his generals, forbidding them to make tactical retreats when thy were needed. The drug causes delusions of grandeur, making one think that they can do anything and cause things to happen your way. He was living in a drug induced fantasy world and it was so sad that innocent people had to bear the burden of his insanity.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was IMO infected with his warped thinking long before he came to power.
    Not to the degree as when in power no doubt. The drugs probably exacerbating his condition.

I say that because I read an English translation of Mein Kampf for a research paper years ago. It was evident to me.
    He used the word "annihilation" when it came to the Jewish people.

The translators of the book had a special blurb on the word "annihilation" as the choice of the translation of the German word (which I cannot remember) that it was accurate indeed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is his well documented medical conditions (physical problems, drug addictions, etc.) that make me very skeptical of the tales of him surviving long after VE Day. That's not to say he didn't fake his suicide and escape Berlin. But, I don't think his body would have survived until VJ Day. If nothing else, his support system wouldn't have the incentive to keep him and Eva Braun alive. After all, we are talking about people who make Dutch Schultz look like Santa Claus.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This theory of Hitler's is part of the conspiratorial world.

However some historians have taken the theory very seriously and even make a compelling story of support.

He escaped to Argentina, changed his facial appearance and lived into his 90's. ???

It seems Eva did not make it with him although a few (there's always a few) say that a body double with the same gold filings as Eva was killed just for the deception and she escaped with him.

Its all very boring research unless you are compelled by curiosity.

5. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't believe in the least that he ever left Berlin. I think it all ended just as we have been told - suicide with his and Mrs. Hitler's bodies burned in the Chancellery's garden.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1