1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hockey fans? I have playoff tix!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by dcorbett, Apr 2, 2008.

1. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, I am an AVS fan, and my husband gifted me with tickets to the first home playoff game.

I am excited!

Debbie Mc

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Last year, I was making plans to decide which Predators playoff game I wanted to attend. This year, I'm sitting here with fingers crossed they can grab the 7 or 8 slot :BangHead:

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

The end of the season sure has been exciting. I hope the playoffs are as well. Frankly I am a bit surprised that Nashville did not do better this year.

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Hey Tom I believe the Preds are in the post season with their win last night no? They will have to face my Red Wings. To bad the post season will only last no more than games for Nashville. :D

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I suddenly feel myself becoming a Nashville fan :)

Another down year for the Blackhawks although things are looking better for them with some new front office people and some good young talent finally. It is too bad we cannot play the Dead Wings more often, we have played great against them all year.

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Hey! A fellow Av's fan...i'm really not all alone in this world! Enjoy the game, it's good to see the Av's back where they belong in the playoffs.

7. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yep! Monday night at the Pepsi Center, first home game after 2 games in Minnesota. We can leave early on Monday, be there for the game, and drive back home on Tuesday. GO AVS!!! :thumbs:

My husband and I were on pins and needles because we are scheduled to sing the special this coming Sunday morning at church. So now we can still do it! If the game had been on Sunday, we couldn't have.

(I believe God's hand on this one, the special is for Round-up Sunday, and John and I are the only "country" musicians in the church - we are doing a guitar,bass and vocals thing)

Nashville has to play a red-hot team, eh?

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Hey Avs fans. Would it not be great if Detroit and Colorado met once again in the playoffs? To bad the Avs are not the powerhouse team they used to be during the height of the Red Wings/Avalanche rivalry which was one of the fiercest rivalries of the 90s in all off US sports.

GO WINGS!

9. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Know what? Go enjoy your game. I'm going to the park to play some baseball...or basketball...or to sit under a tree and read...

Tell us all the hightligths of the game. There should be room in one quick post...:laugh:

10. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um, we just got Forsberg and Foote back a few weeks ago, and things are shaping up nicely. We have much better chances now. Hejduk, Stastny, and Forsberg are a line to reckon with. And our feisty little Frenchman, Ian Laperriere, he is great - stirring the pot to keep the team's momentum last night!

I know the Wings are great this year, but we came on at the end of the season.

Debbie Mc

11. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I like my wings with mild buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. :laugh:

GO AVS!!!! ONE DOWN......